Top Ten Players in the 8th region

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent Maddox from Gallatin County is a top 5 player in the region. Many of his team mates are worthy of being a top player on any given night, but Trent is their best player.:thumb:

I have seen Gallatin play quite a bit this year. I do not see Trent as their best player IMO. I realize he scores alot but alot of his points are off rebounds that bounce to him. He is kind of like the "garbage" man for GC. Do not get me wrong, Trent is a good player but I cannot see him as top 5. In my opinion, the best player at Gallatin Co. is Scott Brown. He handles the ball well, great defender, and shoots lights out. He really helps his team succeed.

I have seen Gallatin play quite a bit this year. I do not see Trent as their best player IMO. I realize he scores alot but alot of his points are off rebounds that bounce to him. He is kind of like the "garbage" man for GC. Do not get me wrong, Trent is a good player but I cannot see him as top 5. In my opinion, the best player at Gallatin Co. is Scott Brown. He handles the ball well, great defender, and shoots lights out. He really helps his team succeed.

Scott Brown is the best defender on the team, but he is not the best player. You talked about points and Maddox being the garbage man... well no matter how you get them, points are points! If you are talking about the player that has the most impact on the game, then you have to throw Henson in the mix. He is an unselfish player that is very good a defending the low post, and rebounding. He IS the best passer on the team, and perhaps one of the best passers in the region. However for all of his defense and rebounding prowess, he is not the scoring threat on this team. In my original post on this subject I said that on any given night, any of the 5 starters could be in the top 10 in the 8th(Henson's 19pts and 18 boards vs Walton for example). However, Maddox is the one that has consistantly put the numbers up to stay there.

Jones from Walton. He's has to be up there. He can shoot lights out. Penny is up there, Maddox is up there. Dunlap is in the top part of the list. A lot of talent in the 8th.

Looks like Walton lost to a Lloyd team tonight that was coming off a loss to Williamstown. Ouch.

Both Jones and the elder Ponzer sat the majority of the minutes in the fourth quarter. I guess the coach thought the younger guys gave his team a better chance of coming back, or else he thought Jones and the elder Ponzer contributed to the teams deficit.

Either way, hard to make much of an arguement here for Jones.:banana:

Jones is a nice player from Walton but he is not a top 10 player. IMO, he's probably not the best player on his team.

Ponzer - Walton Verona

Penny - Anderson County

Maegley - Simon Kenton

Maddox - Gallatin County

Here are a few who would certainly be considered for 10 status. The shooting guard for Owen County might make the list however his name escapes me at this point.

Scott Brown is the best defender on the team, but he is not the best player. You talked about points and Maddox being the garbage man... well no matter how you get them, points are points! If you are talking about the player that has the most impact on the game, then you have to throw Henson in the mix. He is an unselfish player that is very good a defending the low post, and rebounding. He IS the best passer on the team, and perhaps one of the best passers in the region. However for all of his defense and rebounding prowess, he is not the scoring threat on this team. In my original post on this subject I said that on any given night, any of the 5 starters could be in the top 10 in the 8th(Henson's 19pts and 18 boards vs Walton for example). However, Maddox is the one that has consistantly put the numbers up to stay there.

Points are not everything either. Brown is the glue of this team. Without Scott, Gallatin Co. would fall apart. But this is just ones own opinion. Good luck to GC as they enter the Class "A"! :thumb:

Looks like Walton lost to a Lloyd team tonight that was coming off a loss to Williamstown. Ouch.

Both Jones and the elder Ponzer sat the majority of the minutes in the fourth quarter. I guess the coach thought the younger guys gave his team a better chance of coming back, or else he thought Jones and the elder Ponzer contributed to the teams deficit.

Either way, hard to make much of an arguement here for Jones.:banana:

Yes, Ouch. Their loss to Lloyd was much like their loses to Owen and Trimble. I caught their game against Lloyd last night and could see why elder Ponzer was on the bench, but honestly don’t understand why Jones was (or several of the other starters) especially during the last 5mins of the game. The game ran close the entire time, so it was too early and too close to have given up IMO.

Jones is a nice player from Walton but he is not a top 10 player. IMO, he's probably not the best player on his team.

Ponzer - Walton Verona

Penny - Anderson County

Maegley - Simon Kenton

Maddox - Gallatin County

Here are a few who would certainly be considered for 10 status. The shooting guard for Owen County might make the list however his name escapes me at this point.

Penny from Anderson Co.

Maegley from SK (Slavey honorable mention)

C Thompson from Grant Co. (one to watch - I believe he is a Jr this year - will be fun to watch next year!)

Jones from Walton Verona (I agree with *Jeanie* - Jones can shoot. Plus he is a more consistent, team player. Ponzer could be a good player, but does not play smart/plays too selfishly IMO)

Brown from Gallatin (Henson/Maddox honorable mention. Maddox is good, but not the best player IMO.)

Penny from Anderson Co.

Maegley from SK (Slavey honorable mention)

C Thompson from Grant Co. (one to watch - I believe he is a Jr this year - will be fun to watch next year!)

Jones from Walton Verona (I agree with *Jeanie* - Jones can shoot. Plus he is a more consistent, team player. Ponzer could be a good player, but does not play smart/plays too selfishly IMO)

Brown from Gallatin (Henson/Maddox honorable mention. Maddox is good, but not the best player IMO.)

Maegley and Slavey as top 10? They are good role players on their team but I don't see how you could consider either top 10. Maegley as the body and at times the skills to do so, but his quickness and toughness keep him off the list.

Ponzer - Walton Verona

Penny - Anderson County

Maegley - Simon Kenton

Maddox - Gallatin County

Are you talking about Gamble from Owen.