St. Patrick 95 Deming 87

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to this game tonight and I have seen Deming play several times. I just don't understand why Rex Schalch does not start. This kid hustles on both defense and offense and there is not another player on Deming's team who plays as hard as he does. He can also run the point as well as anyone on the team. So can anyone out there please tell me why he doesn't play more?

Keep hustling Rex and maybe you'll get the playing time you deserve. :thumb:

You dont see every day in practice and every game, so its best not to question the coach's decision

You dont see every day in practice and every game, so its best not to question the coach's decision

Congrats on the first post. A bold one....

I know practice reflects gameplay but if others aren't contributing it's time for somene else to take their place. I think that's what Royal1 meant.

Congrats on the first post. A bold one....

I know practice reflects gameplay but if others aren't contributing it's time for somene else to take their place. I think that's what Royal1 meant.

Agree with you 100% about if someone is contributing then give someone else a chance.. Coach Johnson does an excellent job with the Deming Devils and its funny how no one says anything when they beat Brossart, but when they lose, he could have played someone more. He knows his team and he will run it the best way he sees fit. As a coach, it just gets old when everyone always questions things when you lose, but all is well when you win.

Thats all I am trying to say...

Jason Hinson is a good coach. The players respond to him well and they give him all they have. I'd say after beating Deming on their home floor this gives them the advantage in the play in game of the Class A tournament, but dont count out Deming either. Also, the winner gets Augusta, who has been playing well of late too.

Should be a fun week in late January!

Good to see Caldwell and Schalch come off the bench and score. I think they need to work on Grause in the middle he's got to be more physical down low. I think being down 21pts. and comeback within 8pts. was to much for any team to overcome. Deming needed to keep Schalch out there, and he is better coming off the bench. Next game is at Bellevue(4-6) on Jan 11th. Shot 47pts. in second was a good effort though just came up short.

I went to this game tonight and I have seen Deming play several times. I just don't understand why Rex Schalch does not start. This kid hustles on both defense and offense and there is not another player on Deming's team who plays as hard as he does. He can also run the point as well as anyone on the team. So can anyone out there please tell me why he doesn't play more?

Keep hustling Rex and maybe you'll get the playing time you deserve. :thumb:

I agree that Rex does hustle but lacks consistency as most do. But I disagree with no one else on the team plays as hard. Nathan Mitchell comes off the bench each game and draws the toughest person to defend and plays hard. He also lacks consistency in scoring but his defense lacks nothing.

Agree with you 100% about if someone is contributing then give someone else a chance.. Coach Johnson does an excellent job with the Deming Devils and its funny how no one says anything when they beat Brossart, but when they lose, he could have played someone more. He knows his team and he will run it the best way he sees fit. As a coach, it just gets old when everyone always questions things when you lose, but all is well when you win.

Thats all I am trying to say...

It's pretty much a common thing on here that everyone seems down on Deming when they lose but don't point out the wins like against BB, or Harrison County(First time in 49yrs), just like a few years ago when Coach Massey had a pretty successful team and all that was said was how they had a "Cupcake" schedule. It seems when any team from Deming comes out good or bad there's someone ready to "pick" on any little loss or win. In another year or two they won't have Deming to pick on.

They ought a fire the defensive coordinators for obvious reasons and backcourt coaches for the turnovers but by all means keep the play callers.

The next meeting in Mount Kingemville is for all the marbles. The first 3 games were nothing but practice.

Matt Thompson did a great job holding Luke King to 12 points. Steven Mason really stepped up and played his hardest. The Saints had a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter, and they slowed the game down. They made some turnovers ad made some defensive mistakes and Deming was right back in it. This game was not all that close until the end. Very fast pace game. Andy Clarke also did a great job coming off the bench hitting three 3s and two very clutch free throws to seal the victory.

I didn't see every game of the MCIT, but the Clarke kid from St. Pat hit the longest 3 that I saw in the entire tournament. Is a good spot-up shooter when he's open.

And while Owens and Anderson will carry the Saints; like any other team they have to have real solid support from their role players to be successful on a consistent basis.

I agree that Rex does hustle but lacks consistency as most do. But I disagree with no one else on the team plays as hard. Nathan Mitchell comes off the bench each game and draws the toughest person to defend and plays hard. He also lacks consistency in scoring but his defense lacks nothing.

As of right now no one on Deming's Team is playing defense. A team doesn't put up 90+ points and have 5 players double digits. I believe all of the starters were in double digits. Deming got beat probably 20 times last night with there press if I were coaching I would not let my players pick up a ball the day after a defensive effort like last night. They would be doing nothing but running and working of DEFENSE.

Matt Thompson did a great job holding Luke King to 12 points. Steven Mason really stepped up and played his hardest. The Saints had a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter, and they slowed the game down. They made some turnovers ad made some defensive mistakes and Deming was right back in it. This game was not all that close until the end. Very fast pace game. Andy Clarke also did a great job coming off the bench hitting three 3s and two very clutch free throws to seal the victory.

I wouldn't really say that he held Luke King to 12 points because Luke was in foul trouble most of the game for ticky tack calls. You have to give Jason Hinson credit that he has his players ready to play and if there not playing well he gets there attention. I believe he is one of the best coaches in the region, for the small school he coaches.