Corbin 85 Williamsburg 43

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,Jared Barton did not play, nor will he play based on his own decision since he has told us that he has not learned anything and that his God given talent and ability does not earn him playing time. It is a sad fact the politics is not only prevelant in our community, but apparently it reaches into some of our sports programs. No child, regardless of who they are should be touched by politics. It has no place in our school systems. When it becomes obvious to an 8th grader, we should all open our eyes. I wish good luck to the Jackets and hope the boys keep their heads up. They have talent, however, they need direction.

I don't understand what you mean by "politics". What happens if these "politics" occur in baseball and football? Will he quit those also?

Jared Barton has not been at Corbin since the 5th grade. So, we don't think of him as the transfer from Corbin anymore, he is a Jacket and he will graduate as a Jacket. Jared has decided it is time to concentrate on baseball and football. Will he play basketball anymore? That will be up to him and we support him with that decision.

I really couldn't see him coming to Corbin. He has a good situation at Williamsburg athletically despite whatever problems may exist in basketball. He was getting a lot of varsity minutes at Williamsburg, he will have an opportunity to possibly start on the baseball team in the spring and will have a chance to compete for the starting QB job this fall. I hope he has a lot of success at Williamsburg.

I really couldn't see him coming to Corbin. He has a good situation at Williamsburg athletically despite whatever problems may exist in basketball. He was getting a lot of varsity minutes at Williamsburg, he will have an opportunity to possibly start on the baseball team in the spring and will have a chance to compete for the starting QB job this fall. I hope he has a lot of success at Williamsburg.

What will happen if things don't go as the family has planned with baseball and football? Will he quit those also? There are alot of older, more experienced players in front of him that have put their time in. As far as basketball is concerned, I think a little patience should have been exercised and maybe by the end of the season he could have been a regular starter. Coach Robinson treated him fairly.

Don't know this kid, but I do know that it will be tough for anyone in any grade to compete for the starting QB job this fall. Ryan Moses led the Yellow Jackets to a great season this year as a sophomore. I don't think he is gonna get replaced anytime soon.

Has Crawford suited up sat all this year? Someone said he played in the Cumberland Falls Tournament.

Josh played probably 10 or 12 minutes in the CFIT game against the Evans team from Orlando and scored 16, I think. He looked to be favoring the knee at bit for a while, which is understandable. I look for him be more comfortable as he gets back into the flow of real game situations.Look for big contributions from him in Lexington and at home against South Laurel.

Why don;t everyone back off and leave the kids along. Academics comes first then sports. These are just kids.

I may be missing something but where is anyone messing with kids here? Other than disscussing things like the hundred other threads on here. I agree academics should always be before sports, how is this an issue for this thread? Just curious.

I don't see what's so great about the Moses kid!??! IMO he's not all that great! It was the players around him which gave him that spark.

I see them as complimentary to each other. The receivers are good, but the QB has to deliver the mail. He was good at that. Not only that, but he was tough as nails.