John Clay has some fair questions concerning Billy Clyde

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a firm believer that guys need time to get into the flow of the game. When BCG is yanking them in and out every 2 minutes, it's hard to establish consistency in your play.

I think this team would be a lot better off if BCG set a starting lineup and stuck with it and had a fairly regular rotation. Sure, leave room for guys to work their way up in the lineup or work their way down, but if you're unsure if or when you're going to get to play, what does that do to the psyche of a college kid?

Good logic-I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt it says anywhere in John Clay's contract or job description that he has to support whoever is head coach of UK men's basketball.

All Clay is doing is asking the exact same questions that are on the minds of tens of thousands of UK fans. But shoot the messenger, if you choose.

Clay is doing the same thing to BCG as he did to Rich Brooks for 4 years. He and the HL enjoy seeing UK struggle.

Clay is doing the same thing to BCG as he did to Rich Brooks for 4 years. He and the HL enjoy seeing UK struggle.

Thank you! That is exactly what I have noticed.

Something tells me he would be the very kind to complain about "the crazy fans on message boards" and their "over-expectations" and the like.

You're right. 3 time Big12 COY. Must be pretty bad.

Actually says a lot about the Big12! Like I said I'm not trashing him, he just may not be what we need at UK. I have hope like everyone else that things get better once he gets his own recruits and you guys can stop blaming Tubby for losing to Gardner-Webb and San Diego and possibly missing the NIT!

Actually says a lot about the Big12! Like I said I'm not trashing him, he just may not be what we need at UK. I have hope like everyone else that things get better once he gets his own recruits and you guys can stop blaming Tubby for losing to Gardner-Webb and San Diego and possibly missing the NIT!

Bill Self, Rick Barnes, Bobby Knight

The Big 12 is no SEC, granted, but its still quite an accomplishment. A lot of people seem to not realize that at his other two jobs he had a poor season the first time.

Bill Self, Rick Barnes, Bobby Knight

The Big 12 is no SEC, granted, but its still quite an accomplishment. A lot of people seem to not realize that at his other two jobs he had a poor season the first time.

It looks like we do agree that we will wait and hope for better things to happen in the future!

It looks like we do agree that we will wait and hope for better things to happen in the future!

Yeah, we agree on that much.

Where we disagree is that he is not what UK needs. I think he was the perfect choice...and it will be that more satisfying when he does have success for us that stood so firmly by him.

Yeah, we agree on that much.

Where we disagree is that he is not what UK needs. I think he was the perfect choice...and it will be that more satisfying when he does have success for us that stood so firmly by him.

I'm going to stand by, at the same time hoping things get better. I supported Tubby until he was gone and I'm going to support the team as long as I have breath in my body! My opinion on him being the right or wrong choice will remain my opinion as yours will remain what it is! No need to argue about opinions, we do agree on something and that's okay by me! I wish BCG the best of luck especially when he is coaching our team but my opinion about losing to GW and SD will not changed either! Had Tubby been the coach during those losses someone would have burned his house down!

Once again not many people thought Rich Brooks was the right man for the job and now people want to name the field after him. Give BCG a chance to build this program. The blaming of Smith for the lack of talent on this years rooster is valid, you may not like it but it is true. I think there is enough to beat Gardner-Webb and San Diego but to compete on a national level there just isn't. Smith is the main reason we are having the conversations. He inherited a team that year in and year out was fighting for the National Title and left us with garbage. There is no way anyone can say he left UK better than he found it.

And John Clay is a turd.

Billy Gillispie always gives lame reasons during the press conferences. We aren't play with determination. We didn't make adjustments to the point guard. Well Billy WHO'S JOB IS IT TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS, it ain't the players by themselves. I wish he would answer questions that the media tries to address and take responsibility himself for the teams failures.

This is what I like about Rich Brooks. He is a standup guy who always takes responsibility when things go wrong. Maybe Brooks will tutor BCG.