Ashland 58 Covington Scott 53

Not as bad of a loss for Scott as I thought it might be.

Any stats & comments about the game?

Does Scott play tomorrow and if so, against who?

Scott will play tomorrow @ 4pm and will face the winner of tonights matchup between Pendelton Co. & Fernandina Beach.

I have no stats for tonights Ashland/Scott game.

Just arrived home from the game and Ashland should o won by 20 but Scott kept coming back. This Scott team never gave up and Ashland seemed to lay down after the 1st quarter. We got out rebounded and shot the ball poorly and this is a bad combination. We have to play better tomorrow to win...

Just arrived home from the game and Ashland should o won by 20 but Scott kept coming back. This Scott team never gave up and Ashland seemed to lay down after the 1st quarter. We got out rebounded and shot the ball poorly and this is a bad combination. We have to play better tomorrow to win...

They are very will coached. I love to watch them play, but not against our Cards. They have just about beat us twice in the regional tourney. They have lots of heart. Rebuilding year for them too.

Glad to see you got this matchup correct...you must have been well rested after you nap during the first session of the A.I.T...:banana:

Do you guys remember the days of the AIT when it used to draw the big names and players from around the state? When I was growing up my dad and I would attend every year to watch players such as Winston Bennett, Fathergill (that went to Maryland, I believe), Richie Farmer, Rocky Adkins, Ervin Stepp, and Phil Cox that starred at Vandy, just to name a few. I looked forward to that every year. It'd be nice to get those type of teams up here again for the AIT.

Just wishin......

Do you guys remember the days of the AIT when it used to draw the big names and players from around the state? When I was growing up my dad and I would attend every year to watch players such as Winston Bennett, Fathergill (that went to Maryland, I believe), Richie Farmer, Rocky Adkins, Ervin Stepp, and Phil Cox that starred at Vandy, just to name a few. I looked forward to that every year. It'd be nice to get those type of teams up here again for the AIT.

Just wishin......

I'm estimating but there are approximately 30 Tournaments, that are either being hosted by or include Kentucky teams participating in out of state. That is only this week alone.

AIT has brought in many outstanding teams and players, to that area over the years as you mentioned.

Just wishin......

Yep I sure do. One of my Christmas presents every year was a book of tickets to the AIT. I remember seeing Darrell Griffith, James Lee, Jack Givens, Paul Andrews, the Newsome brothers from Virgie, the list goes on and on. It was always the premier tounament in all of Kentucky. There are just too many big money tournaments out there anymore. I do have many fond memories of attending the AIT though.

Glad to see you got this matchup correct...you must have been well rested after you nap during the first session of the A.I.T...:banana:

No nap. I had brought my oldest son with me to the 1st game and he was throwing popcorn every where so I had to focus on him but Russell was playing so I didnt miss much. I wont be attending the 1st game today but I will be at the other 3.

No nap. I had brought my oldest son with me to the 1st game and he was throwing popcorn every where so I had to focus on him but Russell was playing so I didnt miss much. I wont be attending the 1st game today but I will be at the other 3.

Similar to going to an Ashland football game this past season, huh?

Everyone knows that Russell is struggling this year. Remember, these are kids you are talking about here.

This doesn't have anything to do with this thread, but i am looking for a little Tomcat history. Can anybody tell me or direct me to a website that shows what kind of basketball the tomcats were playing in the early '80's, particularly the '85-'86 season. Who was coaching then?

This doesn't have anything to do with this thread, but i am looking for a little Tomcat history. Can anybody tell me or direct me to a website that shows what kind of basketball the tomcats were playing in the early '80's, particularly the '85-'86 season. Who was coaching then?

Very interesting question. There must be something that you are fishing for. I am leaving now to go to the AIT and I will find this out for you and post it. I know that Jerry Umberger was the coach of the 86-87 team just by reading the AIT program this year but I dont know if he coached the team in question because Ashland didnt make the finals that year. I will get back to you on this.....