Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UAB 79 UK 76

Featured Replies

While I agree Porter was the best option, it wouldn't have hurt to try something else when he started feeling it...

  • Replies 251
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crawford, Bradley, Stevenson, Harris, Coury, Patterson, Porter, Krebs, Stewart...

 

Take your chances and make the other 4 beat you, not someone who is draining 3's from 25 feet out.

While I agree Porter was the best option, it wouldn't have hurt to try something else when he started feeling it...

 

I don't think anyone else could have done anything to cool him down. I would have had a "goon" come off the bench and lay a hard foul on him. :D

Crawford, Bradley, Stevenson, Harris, Coury, Patterson, Porter, Krebs, Stewart...

 

Brilliant. Somebody hire this guy right away.

I don't think anyone else could have done anything to cool him down. I would have had a "goon" come off the bench and lay a hard foul on him. :D

 

Is this John Chaney posting on BGP?:lol:

I still think Tubby did Porter a favor, I really would not want to watch him guard a WR.

Alright, then who do you put on Vaden? I'm just curious who on UK's team would have faired so much better than Porter.

 

Stevenson, Stewart, Crawford, Bradley, IMO any of those 4 would have been better than Porter. I forgot one, Jasper with a gimped up knee would have probably been better too.

Brilliant. Somebody hire this guy right away.

 

I guarantee you that if Mr. Veden came across the paint and I was playing help defense, he would take a shot (nothing dirty) that would have him reconsidering a cut across the paint the next time down the court. You don't sit back and allow someone to get comfortable and rip you to shreds.

Stay calm UK fans. I heard this same type of "jumping off a bridge" comments when Brooks came in. UK doesn't have a very talented team to begin with. Add to that a lot of time spent in practice learning BG's system and BG having players that he inherited that aren't the best for his system. I know the losses are tough (particularly one's that we should have won) but things will be fine. I'm hoping that come tournament time we'll have improved a lot. I think we will. And in the years that follow, BG will turn out to be the good hire that Brooks was.

Imo Meeks could have guarded Vaden today.

Quicker and longer than Porter.

But you have to play with the hand you've been delt.

Stevenson, Stewart, Crawford, Bradley, IMO any of those 4 would have been better than Porter. I forgot one, Jasper with a gimped up knee would have probably been better too.

 

Thanks for making it easy to discount your arguments.

Vaden started to get comfortable right around the time when he came down the court in transition on the right side. Received the ball, squared his body and at the last second Porter ( who was down by the rim ) jumps out to guard him like " Oh, there he is! ". Thats what gets me.

I guarantee you that if Mr. Veden came across the paint and I was playing help defense, he would take a shot (nothing dirty) that would have him reconsidering a cut across the paint the next time down the court. You don't sit back and allow someone to get comfortable and rip you to shreds.

 

Most definitely. All of UK's bigs should have been bumping Vaden every time he ran through screens. They didn't, and that made Porter's job that much harder. I just don't see how anyone in they're right mind can think Harris, Stevenson, etc. would have done better. Ramon Harris is scared to death out there as it is, he wouldn't have even come out of the locker room if he was put on Vaden.

Thanks for making it easy to discount your arguments.

 

Stevenson at least has the length. Porter doesnt have size or speed.

Thanks for making it easy to discount your arguments.

 

When you respond to my questions I'll respond to yours. Being more worried about a phantom foul being the difference in the game is full of wisdom...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.