December 15, 200718 yr Said the guy with the Gators avatar... I was thinking the same thing.. :confused:
December 15, 200718 yr Said the guy with the Gators avatar... Gator Football (raised on UK Basketball)
December 15, 200718 yr I dont claim too, but anyone besides a shorter and slower Porter has to be obvious. Even Morakinyo or Jared Carter, right??
December 15, 200718 yr Even Morakinyo or Jared Carter, right?? No, why would you do that? That doesnt make sense:lol::lol:
December 15, 200718 yr No, why would you do that? That doesnt make sense:lol::lol: Perry Stevenson, on the other hand, is a brilliant call.
December 15, 200718 yr Perry Stevenson, on the other hand, is a brilliant call. He's better than Williams or Carter or Porter :lol:
December 15, 200718 yr Wait a second, where did anyone ever get the idea that Perry Stevenson would be the ONLY guy I would ever want to guard Vaden in that situation?? I wouldn't put Perry out there on him over Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper or even Coury. But I would put him out there on him before Porter.
December 15, 200718 yr Stick to Football. Difference of opinion and I should stick to football? Hmmm, Ill remember that one. In that case about half of the people posting on this thread should never talk basketball.
December 15, 200718 yr Stick to Football. Tell me this, at least trapping Vaden off of the screen making him give the ball up, bumping him in the lane to throw off his rhythm would have made a difference somewhat?
December 15, 200718 yr Wait a second, where did anyone ever get the idea that Perry Stevenson would be the ONLY guy I would ever want to guard Vaden in that situation?? I wouldn't put Perry out there on him over Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper or even Coury. But I would put him out there on him before Porter. Lets go over this: 1) If Vaden was standing still, catching passes, and bombing threes, putting ANYONE tall on him might have worked. 2) THATS NOT WHAT VADEN WAS DOING. 3) Steveson/Coury/Crawford aren't FAST enough to chase Vaden to where they'd even be in position to defend him. (Crawford may be fast enough, but he doesn't try hard enough, IMO)
December 15, 200718 yr Lets go over this: 1) If Vaden was standing still, catching passes, and bombing threes, putting ANYONE tall on him might have worked. 2) THATS NOT WHAT VADEN WAS DOING. 3) Steveson/Coury/Crawford aren't FAST enough to chase Vaden to where they'd even be in position to defend him. (Crawford may be fast enough, but he doesn't try hard enough, IMO) Ok thats fine but neither is Porter. If BCG would have at least attempted someone else and the result was the same then I wouldn't have a gripe. There were a couple of 3's he hit in transition where he had enough time to set up shop, make a couple of sells before shooting he had so much time before Porter knew where he was.
December 15, 200718 yr Tell me this, at least trapping Vaden off of the screen making him give the ball up, bumping him in the lane to throw off his rhythm would have made a difference somewhat? There's no doubt that they could have defended him better as a team, but no one person was going to stop him today. That's what gets me, no one would have fared any better than Porter. Vaden just had one of those days that only happen once or twice in your career, and unfortunately it came against UK.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.