December 15, 200718 yr Correct. He was going to knock down threes no matter who guarded him. I disagree with the " whoever guarded him " part.:thumb:
December 15, 200718 yr Because it was a two point game when the call was made and Patterson is one of a very few scoring threats available to UK. You think a calling a phantom foul to knock out a top scorer in a one possession game with 30 seconds left isn't huge? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Then can you explain why the coach does not have the team prepared enough to face a 1-3-1 zone(IMO maybe the easiest of all the zone defense to break down)??? Why on the last possession of the game we look lost and do not run even remotely close to a decent play to get a shot at the basket???
December 15, 200718 yr First of all it wasn't a phantom call and he wasn't going to hit a 3 to tie the game. It was a two point game. You don't think Patterson could put 2 up? And you think it was a correct call? The UAB kid ran straight into Patterson and fell down.
December 15, 200718 yr I can't believe that I just wasted my afternoon watching. Here's how you stop a player like Vaden - you put someone tall and with a lot of length on him. If he beats the guy driving, so what. I'll take my chances on that besides letting him fire it at will over a helpless Porter. UK is a mid-major program at best.
December 15, 200718 yr I can't believe what I just wasted my afternoon watching. Here's how you stop a player like Vaden - you put someone tall and with a lot of length on him. If he beats the guy driving, so what. I'll take my chances on that besides letting him fire it at will over a helpless Porter. UK is a mid-major program at best. Botta-bing:thumb:
December 15, 200718 yr ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Then can you explain why the coach does not have the team prepared enough to face a 1-3-1 zone(IMO maybe the easiest of all the zone defense to break down)??? Why on the last possession of the game we look lost and do not run even remotely close to a decent play to get a shot at the basket??? :thumb::thumb: That's the part that gets me.
December 15, 200718 yr OK at the 9;47 mark he caught the ball on a fast break and made a layup... Thats twice... So he had 4 points, and none of your examples of him putting it on the deck and driving. The other 29???
December 15, 200718 yr I can't believe what I just wasted my afternoon watching. Here's how you stop a player like Vaden - you put someone tall and with a lot of length on him. If he beats the guy driving, so what. I'll take my chances on that besides letting him fire it at will over a helpless Porter. UK is a mid-major program at best. Do all of you really think that Harris/Stewart could've kept up with Vaden long enough to disrupt his shot? He wasn't just standing outside the 3 point line waiting for the pass. He was running all over the court.
December 15, 200718 yr So he had 4 points, and none of your examples of him putting it on the deck and driving. The other 29??? Might as well giveup, he's always right!
December 15, 200718 yr :lol: Not sure if I should even respond to this. If you think Crawford is that much tougher than Porter, than why did Joe get abused just as bad when he tried guarding Vaden? What should the Cats have done to stop him? If you think Porter is "tougher" than Crawford then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. If I am choosing IMO who the best defenders on the team are, yes Crawford is down that list, but he will never be below Porter.
December 15, 200718 yr Do all of you really think that Harris/Stewart could've kept up with Vaden long enough to disrupt his shot? He wasn't just standing outside the 3 point line waiting for the pass. He was running all over the court. Which takes me to part II of defense 101 - when he cuts through the middle he is going to get his clock cleaned. Not once, but every time he touches the paint.
December 15, 200718 yr Do all of you really think that Harris/Stewart could've kept up with Vaden long enough to disrupt his shot? He wasn't just standing outside the 3 point line waiting for the pass. He was running all over the court. And it wasn't just running off screens. He was also doing a lot of screening and then slipping out to the arc...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.