Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UAB 79 UK 76

Featured Replies

If you really think Stevenson should have been on Vaden I may never read another post on BGPreps ever again. Please tell me your kidding.

 

 

Stevenson SHOULD have been guarding Vaden bsides Porter anyday of the week. I wouldn't make Stevenson my number one person to guard him but anyone besides Porter is my point.

  • Replies 251
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And we'rwe telling you that with the way Vaden was moving off the ball, he would have had more open shots with Stick on him...

 

That's why part II of the plan is to knock his teeth out when he cuts off the ball.:thumb:

Vaden would have left Stevenson at one end of the floor, and before Stevenson knew it UK would be turning the ball over on offense.

 

The list that I gave was not in order of rank. Any of the 4 would have been better, Stevenson being the worst choice of the 4, but still better than Porter in the situation. Stevenson may be a poor defender too, but Porter is just dreadful.

I will say this, if you are going to keep Porter out there on Vaden at least bring him some help with some traps or bumps in the lane or something. Here is where I guess you can bring in the coaching decisions.

That's why part II of the plan is to knock his teeth out when he cuts off the ball.:thumb:

 

Exactly throw a "goon" out there. I already said this! :lol:

Wireman---Its not like Vaden was just dribbiling the ball down the court, getting a high screen and letting it fly. He was running off 3 or 4 picks each trip down.

That's why part II of the plan is to knock his teeth out when he cuts off the ball.:thumb:

 

Might have worked if they had anyone besides Patterson to put a legit body on anyone..

Wireman---Its not like Vaden was just dribbiling the ball down the court, getting a high screen and letting it fly. He was running off 3 or 4 picks each trip down.

 

That's why you take the cut away. You can't just let a cutter run you into screens.

Might have worked if they had anyone besides Patterson to put a legit body on anyone..

 

That's the problem - Stevenson's arms would break if he checked a cutter.:thumb:

Wow- I didnt mention anything about a good lose.

We have a long way to go but I think 3 weeks ago we would of lost this game by 25....

 

This team is no better now than it has been all year! The only reason this team stayed in this game was because they made 11 3 pointers; which is a number that will normally take them 3 games. This team will finish 5-6 place in the East.By the way,people predicting NIT;No way! They won't even make the tournament under the NIT.

I was wondering, as UK was leading late in the first half,- Do you think UK fans would have rushed the court (a la any team who upsets a higher ranked team) if they won? I am joking of course, but as I listened to the game (unable to watch- thankfully) I got the sense from the announcers that UK was an underdog and every time UK increased its lead, a major upset was on the horizon. Now I am not an expert on UK basketball and all its glory, but I used to remember when I would worry about beating top 10 teams and still knowing that it would be our game to lose- Its just makes me sad that our traditionally rich program is being embarrassed by the likes of Gardner-Webb and UAB- no offense to their respective programs of course- Now I understand parity in college basketball has increased over the last few years, but are we not the Univeristy of Kentucky?

Stevenson SHOULD have been guarding Vaden bsides Porter anyday of the week. I wouldn't make Stevenson my number one person to guard him but anyone besides Porter is my point.

 

 

 

:lol::lol::lol:

 

Apparently you know alot about basketball. :rolleyes:

I was wondering, as UK was leading late in the first half,- Do you think UK fans would have rushed the court (a la any team who upsets a higher ranked team) if they won? I am joking of course, but as I listened to the game (unable to watch- thankfully) I got the sense from the announcers that UK was an underdog and every time UK increased its lead, a major upset was on the horizon. Now I am not an expert on UK basketball and all its glory, but I used to remember when I would worry about beating top 10 teams and still knowing that it would be our game to lose- Its just makes me sad that our traditionally rich program is being embarrassed by the likes of Gardner-Webb and UAB- no offense to their respective programs of course- Now I understand parity in college basketball has increased over the last few years, but are we not the Univeristy of Kentucky?

Said the guy with the Gators avatar... :D

:lol::lol::lol:

 

Apparently you know alot about basketball. :rolleyes:

 

I dont claim too, but anyone besides a shorter and slower Porter has to be obvious.

I was pleased with the effort/game of U.K. for about the first 25-30 minutes, our problem is that a game is 40 minutes :irked:. Vaden was as hot as I have ever seen a player.....well, D. Wade a few years ago...what ever happened to that guy? :D

This U.K. team is just not a very good basketball team...I know...Duh.

U.K. had no answer/idea on attacking UAB's 1-3-1 zone.

News flash, Crawford is a lazy basketball player. "IF" we can get Jasper and Meeks back then we will be an average to good team, not great. Right now as short handed as we are this is a bad U.K. basketball team, as bad as I can remember in quite some time.

As for some blaming an official on some bad calls - there is NO WAY that this loss can be blamed on an officials call or no call, no way. U.K. blew this game plain and simple. UAB is not a bad basketball team but are far from a good one imo. U.K. just lost a game that imo they should have been won by 10pt.'s at least.

One thing that I have noticed is that I don't believe that this team has "take charge guy" or a "leader". No one has stepped to take that role. Patterson would have trouble as a "leader" role as a freshman.Right now he is the best that we have. I was more pleased with Bradley's effort today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.