Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UAB 79 UK 76

Featured Replies

As bad as we played against Vaden, the thing that lost this game was our offense. We didn't have a 1-3-1 offensive play, and if we did I sure as heck didn't see it.

 

I thought the offense looked much better today except against the 1-3-1,

we don't have enough good ballhandlers to handle the traps.

 

The defense was not good enough to win in my opinion, too many easy baskets .

  • Replies 251
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As bad as we played against Vaden, the thing that lost this game was our offense. We didn't have a 1-3-1 offensive play, and if we did I sure as heck didn't see it.

 

I agree, we (U.K.) had No Answer for the 1-3-1 zone, the zone offense was pathetic.

And we'rwe telling you that with the way Vaden was moving off the ball, he would have had more open shots with Stick on him...

 

He was moving without the ball the way Rip Hamilton does for the Pistons.......I was hoping that it would effect his legs and his shot, but it never did. Stevenson would have had no chance guarding him.

I thought the offense looked much better today except against the 1-3-1,

we don't have enough good ballhandlers to handle the traps.

 

The defense was not good enough to win in my opinion, too many easy baskets .

 

I agree with your post. The only difference in my oppinion is that there aren't going to be many defenses that can withstand a 7 or 8 minute period where the offense doesn't have a fg.

Which takes me to part II of defense 101 - when he cuts through the middle he is going to get his clock cleaned. Not once, but every time he touches the paint.

 

Wireman - while we don't always agree on things, we are in 100% agreement on this philosphy. Letting him run free without someone stepping out or putting a forearm on him is inexcusable.

Tubby might have brought the "little 3" to Uk but he was smart enough not to ever play them.

 

Goodbye 10 loss Tubby, Hello 10 win Billy.

I say we give him a year, but that's just me.

I say we give him a year, but that's just me.

 

A year? You want to give him "a year" to completely turn around a program left in shambles by Tubby Smith?

 

I say 2 to 3 would be more like it. Let him have a full team of his players who have only played his system and see how they do.

Someone tell me why Porter was guarding Vaden??? What was BCG thinking.:irked:

 

The same reason he was guarding Ty Lawson win UNC beat UK.

A year? You want to give him "a year" to completely turn around a program left in shambles by Tubby Smith?

 

I say 2 to 3 would be more like it. Let him have a full team of his players who have only played his system and see how they do.

 

My thoughts 100%! I'm not even that frustrated because Tubby left the cupboard bare. If this were 3 or 4 years down the road I'd be fired up. I think we will be fine once he gets his guys there. Injuries haven't helped either. New philosophy, not much talent means a lot of losses. It is what it is. My goal is to see us improve on the season and be hitting stride in March. You can't make chicken salad......

My thoughts 100%! I'm not even that frustrated because Tubby left the cupboard bare. If this were 3 or 4 years down the road I'd be fired up. I think we will be fine once he gets his guys there. Injuries haven't helped either. New philosophy, not much talent means a lot of losses. It is what it is. My goal is to see us improve on the season and be hitting stride in March. You can't make chicken salad......

 

My mom makes pretty good chicken salad. :fight:

Stay calm UK fans. I heard this same type of "jumping off a bridge" comments when Brooks came in. UK doesn't have a very talented team to begin with. Add to that a lot of time spent in practice learning BG's system and BG having players that he inherited that aren't the best for his system. I know the losses are tough (particularly one's that we should have won) but things will be fine. I'm hoping that come tournament time we'll have improved a lot. I think we will. And in the years that follow, BG will turn out to be the good hire that Brooks was.

 

You have made some good points with this one leatherneck. :thumb:

I sure miss that ball line defense. Didn't give up 50 in a half to a team like this very often

Stay calm UK fans. I heard this same type of "jumping off a bridge" comments when Brooks came in. UK doesn't have a very talented team to begin with. Add to that a lot of time spent in practice learning BG's system and BG having players that he inherited that aren't the best for his system. I know the losses are tough (particularly one's that we should have won) but things will be fine. I'm hoping that come tournament time we'll have improved a lot. I think we will. And in the years that follow, BG will turn out to be the good hire that Brooks was.

 

 

LN, please keep your rational thoughts to yourself. There's no place for posts like this in this thread..........;)

 

 

Seriously, come on people (UK fans especially). UK DID show improvement despite the outcome. This is a young semi-talented team trying to learn a new system and it's not going to be pretty at times. However, I do understand and agree with some of the gripes in this thread such as 1)having no answer for a simple 1-3-1 zone and 2) not being more physical with Vaden (as Wireman and a few others already stated)

I say we give him a year, but that's just me.

 

:creepy: I was willing to give Tubby this year. BCG gets at least 3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.