Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UAB 79 UK 76

Featured Replies

I have NO dog in this fight...Karma is getting some of you UK fans. That's all.

  • Replies 251
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have NO dog in this fight...Karma is getting some of you UK fans. That's all.

 

I dont believe in, or think, that Karma has anything to do with what is going on here. The fact is plain and simple. BCG and Patterson are attempting to make lemonade from the lemons that Tubby left. What's worse, the lemons are rotten and untalented.

 

You cant ignore the injuries and the Alex Legion situation either.

 

 

I am still not sold on the idea that this team is uncapable of pulling it together. They played a decent basketball game. They let it get away at the end. There was foul trouble and UAB got hot in the 2nd half. Sometimes, the pendulum does not swing in your favor. I truly think that UK's season will be made or broke on the game with Huston.

Stevenson at least has the length. Porter doesnt have size or speed.

 

 

First of all Stevenson would have never gotten thru the screens, and I have no idea what makes you think Porter has no speed. He's one of the fastest guys on the team. I mean you don't get looked at by USC as a defensive back when you're slow.

Stevenson shouldn't even be at UK....Much less guarding Robert Vaden. Be patient with Billy Clyde. He has enough disipline right the ship. I just hope he stays on board long enough to turn it around.

I have NO dog in this fight...Karma is getting some of you UK fans. That's all.

 

Karma didn't get to us, Vaden did. :D

Porter on Vaden the entire 2nd half?? Thats my gripe.

 

Who else do you put on him? With Jasper and Meeks, they have no good defenders on the perimeter.

 

I think a little bit needs to be tacked up to coaching. The offensive sets (if thats what you want to call them) were horrendous. That was the worst offensive basketball at the end of the game that they could have possibly played.

 

Ironically, Duke runs very similar to identical offensive plays.

 

Someone tell me why Porter was guarding Vaden??? What was BCG thinking.:irked:

 

Wasn't this the same Porter who guarded him in the first half when he had 5 points?

 

Did anyone see Vaden drive to the hole or go outside of 20 feet from the rim? He wasnt going to and thats why you make him put the ball on the floor.

Problem with this strategy is that you have to have a player that is going to fight through all the screens that they set for him. You think Crawford is going to work that hard? NOPE! Bradley? NOPE! Who then do you put on him? Who is the one UK perimeter player that Gillespie has on the roster that will work hard to get through 3-4 screens? Probably Porter.

We are hurting for guards more so than a big man at this point IMO.

This team is screaming for a point guard.

We have a good big man right now but have no clue how to continuously get him the ball.

We can't break people down off the dribble, can't feed the post, can't handle presure defense....that is all guards.

The loss of Meeks and Jasper have been devastating at this point.

 

AMEN for the choir.

 

Point guard is the most important position on the floor AT ANY LEVEL and UK has been hurting for a point guard for 3-4-5 years.

AMEN for the choir.

 

I'm coming around to this view as well. UK really needs a true point. Bradley and Joe can shoot (sometimes) and Patterson is a monster in the paint, but they need someone to run the offense.

I have NO dog in this fight...Karma is getting some of you UK fans. That's all.

 

 

Who does Karma play for?

I've enjoyed watching Vaden since his days at IU, but that was beyond belief. You don't see many individual performances of that nature over 20 minutes...

 

What is it with UAB getting insanely hot when they play UK? :lol:

 

I'm surprised the net didn't burn off when Vaden scored in the second half (like that old NBA Jam video game). :D

 

Not much to say about this game, IMO...it was a tough loss, and a game I'd definitely have liked to win, but when a guy gets that hot...

 

Sometimes it just happens. Live with it. I thought there were some positives for UK in the game...the offense looked much better. We just caught them on a day when Vaden decided to replicate MJ's first half against Portland in the 1992 NBA finals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.