Cumberland's Desmond Johnson Dunk!!!

The finish was pretty good, but I was more impressed in how he got out of the trap by splitting the defenders. Nice play.

I watched closely to see if he shifted his pivot foot, but he held that back foot firm and pulled out an impressive move. That's rare for a high school "big man".

My thoughts on the actual dunk!! It was a very nice dunk, but not a great dunk. The thing about the dunk that makes it pretty special is the fact he split 2 defenders then threw it down over someone standing under the rim. What would have made it a great dunk is if a 6'4" or 6'5" guy had been under the rim and went up with him and challenged him and he still threw it down. Having said all that, it is the kind of dunk that all young kids dream about getting (spit defenders then go down the lane in traffic and hammer down) Nice one big fella!

You've got to step in there and take that charge.

Would have been a better dunk if the guy and steped in to take the charge and jumped over top of him. In the case of Darius Miller last year when he bounced over top of Robert Englert when he tried to take a charge. Nice job of splitting the double-team.

If you have judegemental and negative comments, just keep them to yourselves. The kid made a nice play. I'm not saying this was greatest dunk I've ever seen, but it's good to give kids exposure when they do something good.

Nonetheless, the game went into OT and this was a momentum boost.

It was a very good play. Thanks for sharing the clip. I don't know that anyone intends to be negative or judgemental....just analytical.

He is a 2008...right?

Dez is not really a "big man". He is 6'4". He can play any position on the court. In that game he had 23 points and 26 rebounds.

He is the of a few players in the Mountains that can play above the rim. If folks haven't seen him play... go watch him... he has the fundamentals that coaches dream of.

If you have judegemental and negative comments, just keep them to yourselves. The kid made a nice play. I'm not saying this was greatest dunk I've ever seen, but it's good to give kids exposure when they do something good.

I posted this video and it has over 1000 views. Good exposure indeed....Go get'em Des.......

IMO when anything is posted for the public it gets judged good or bad no matter what it may be, get over it.

Dez is not really a "big man". He is 6'4". He can play any position on the court. In that game he had 23 points and 26 rebounds.

He is the of a few players in the Mountains that can play above the rim. If folks haven't seen him play... go watch him... he has the fundamentals that coaches dream of.

He is actually at least a solid 6'5" maybe closer to 6'6" and yes, his overall game is very good.