New Home Stereo/Vintage Setup...

ADopted ADmiral

OK I have to tell you guys about my new setup...

First of all

The Receiver...Sansui 5000X...Made in 1971 With a Unprecedented 200 watts in Power...

A Set of Sansui SP-5500X speakers...1974

SANSUI SP5500X 4 WAY 5 SPEAKER SYSTEM. EACH SPEAKER HAS 1 EACH 15" WOOFER, 2 EACH 5-1/2" MIDS, 1 EACH 6-1/2" HORN TWEETER, AND 1 EACH 2-1/8" SUPER TWEETER.

EACH SPEAKER HAS A 3 OPTION SOUND BALANCE CONTROL KNOB -SOFT, NATURAL OR CLEAR. WALNUT COLORED ENCLOSURES WITH REAL WALNUT GRILLS.

Teac A-3340S 4 Track Reel to Reel/1978

Turntable-The only thing that is New...A Numark TT 1650 DirectDrive...

I will post some Pics if someone can tell me How to Post a Pic or a Attachment...Since they did some upgrading on BGP My Pics are to Big...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent $3600 on my ultimate system back in 1980.

Pioneer SA9800 amp

Pioneer TX7800 tuner

Bang and Olufsen 4004 linear tracking turntable

JVC KDA-8 cassette player

Dahlquist DQ-10 speakers

My kid has the amp. Everything else is gone. :cry:

Blown up, worn out, or stolen? Because equipment from that era, unlike today, is built to last.

I tell you whats sweet...Is Putting my Lps on 7" Blank reel to reel tapes...:cool:The sound is Amazing...Right now Im Doing Pink Floyd/Meddle...My First one Is Tool/Aenima/(The Vinyl Spelling)...

The Factory Reels can get expensive... Here is a Link...

http://music.search.ebay.com/The-Beatles_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQa15961Z22566QQalistZa15961QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQgcsZ1094QQpfidZ1269QQpfmodeZ2QQreqtypeZ1QQsacatZQ2d100

Blown up, worn out, or stolen? Because equipment from that era, unlike today, is built to last.
I was a bit wild during my younger days. Well, I woke up one morning after a rather extreme party and found the B&O turntable destroyed. I tried to fix it, but the logic board was cracked and split. To replace it would cost more than a new one, and a new technology offered clearer crisper sound with no service noise ... Compact Disc.

The living room of the first house I bought was too small for the speakers, so I sold them.

When tuner failed in 1995, I decied to replace it with a digital version and gave it and the remainder of the system to my son.

The tape deck died for the last time in 2003. The big guy had no need for a cassette player, so it was never replaced.

The amp is still going strong, though. I've had to replace the tubes in the old class AB final once, but tubes, in my opinion, still have a clearer sound than solid state.

I was a bit wild during my younger days. Well, I woke up one morning after a rather extreme party and found the B&O turntable destroyed. I tried to fix it, but the logic board was cracked and split. To replace it would cost more than a new one, and a new technology offered clearer crisper sound with no service noise ... Compact Disc.

The living room of the first house I bought was too small for the speakers, so I sold them.

When tuner failed in 1995, I decied to replace it with a digital version and gave it and the remainder of the system to my son.

The tape deck died for the last time in 2003. The big guy had no need for a cassette player, so it was never replaced.

The amp is still going strong, though. I've had to replace the tubes in the old class AB final once, but tubes, in my opinion, still have a clearer sound than solid state.

The tubes are the Best and the most expensive of all the Vintage Electronics...:thumb:

Is it still working? I bet it is, and probably sounding great.

Tough stuff on the others.

I have a rather ancient system of my own, but nothing anywhere as cool or good as what you and AA mentioned:

JVC receiver (c. 1992)

Pioneer 25-disc CD changer (c. 1996)

Marantz tape deck (no date listed, but est. 1981/82)

Jensen speakers (c. 1987)

Nothing special, but it does the trick. My Jensen speakers still rock hard.