Football & Parents

lungbuster

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am a mommy. My son is 9 and he started football this year. He is of course the smallest on the team... but I wouldn't have it any other way. Team sports give them so much. It teaches them to work as a team for a common goal. Sure I worry about him getting hurt, but he is a boy, thats what boys do. It teaches them so much. The benefits far outway the risks. It gives kids something to do and encourages them to stay out of trouble.. You can't baby them forever. They will one day be adults. They can either take care of themselves or live on mommys couch forever. Sports in general are great for kids.. My boy loves it. Each week I see him getting better and better. He knows it too. It gives him a great sense of pride, boosts self-esteem. He gives me the thumbs up, it just warms my heart.. I love it....

Wow, Mom's are taking the heat here. :fight: I am a Mom of football player, I don't necessarilly like for my son to get hurt but I know that comes with the territory. I really don't believe that fathers like for their sons to get hurt either but as the saying goes "Women are from Venus and Men from Mars", we think differently and that really is a good thing.;)

The saying should be "Women are from Venus and Men are from Earth":D

The saying should be "Women are from Venus and Men are from Earth":D

Unfortunately, Dr. John Gray, Psychiatrist, wrote it about getting along with the opposite sex, and I wrote the title incorrectly, Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.:ylsuper:

Wow, Mom's are taking the heat here. :fight: I am a Mom of football player, I don't necessarilly like for my son to get hurt but I know that comes with the territory. I really don't believe that fathers like for their sons to get hurt either but as the saying goes "Women are from Venus and Men from Mars", we think differently and that really is a good thing.;)

I am a mom too and have taken my FB Player several times to the ER for this and that thanks to Football injuries. According to the ER doc (Who I unfortunately became friends with) Soccer has more injuries than FB. I hate seeing my son at the bottom of a pile or the one everyone is taking a knee for. I understand though that football has been a driving motivator in my son's life and he is part of a "fraternity" for life. His experience as a football player can never be taken away from him.

I am a mom too and have taken my FB Player several times to the ER for this and that thanks to Football injuries. According to the ER doc (Who I unfortunately became friends with) Soccer has more injuries than FB. I hate seeing my son at the bottom of a pile or the one everyone is taking a knee for. I understand though that football has been a driving motivator in my son's life and he is part of a "fraternity" for life. His experience as a football player can never be taken away from him.

:thumb:Well said. The greatest team sport of all, Football.

Exactly, football is a great sport, and the young men who play it learn more about life then they do football. They just don't realize it until they are older. The benefits of football far out weigh the small possibility of injury.

You summed it up.Your comments cannot be more accurate,especially about his experiences.You and other moms that support your kids ROCK, and I hope you Child or children appreciate you!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I am a mom and I am all for kids playing any and all sports. I am an avid football fan, and while my son is not old enough yet, I continue to support the other kids. I have heard that soccer has a high injury rate, but cheerleading (imagine that) is the number 1 sport for injuries according to our physician at UK sports med.

I am a mom and I am all for kids playing any and all sports. I am an avid football fan, and while my son is not old enough yet, I continue to support the other kids. I have heard that soccer has a high injury rate, but cheerleading (imagine that) is the number 1 sport for injuries according to our physician at UK sports med.

Unfortunately that's correct, but I think you'd be surprized where the injuries occur. As someone who's seen cheerleading from the "competitive" teams to the "recreational" teams, I'm guessing more injuries occur on the rec teams who often lack the training, conditioning, etc. of the more accomplished cheerleaders; but still try some of the same stunts and builds. It's a far more challenging sport now than most realize--I know I was surprized when I witnessed what they do!!

You can fall out of the bed and get hurt.

You can walk down the sidewalk and fall and get hurt.

When we were kids, my dad always said, "drag a boy through a pile of cow manuer and that will toughen him up!":lol:

The mom being talked about, that was overheard, might want to consider this?

As my father used to say "Ahhh, Rub some dirt on it."

My kids just love it when I tell them that.

Unfortunately, Dr. John Gray, Psychiatrist, wrote it about getting along with the opposite sex, and I wrote the title incorrectly, Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.:ylsuper:

There's another planet that my wife thinks I'm from but I don't want to get thrown off of here, so you'll have to figure the name of it out yourself. She must think I'm some kind of out in space thinker as she's always telling me my head is up there.

There's another planet that my wife thinks I'm from but I don't want to get thrown off of here, so you'll have to figure the name of it out yourself. She must think I'm some kind of out in space thinker as she's always telling me my head is up there.

I didn't know we had a planet named after a donkey :confused: :fire::p:laugh::laugh: