Football & Parents

lungbuster

There's another planet that my wife thinks I'm from but I don't want to get thrown off of here, so you'll have to figure the name of it out yourself. She must think I'm some kind of out in space thinker as she's always telling me my head is up there.

Well, I believe I know where. Football is a rough sport, it is one that I didn't want my boys to play but they both have loved playing it and I am a supporter of my children. There are times when my eyes are closed but I do know that it has been one of the best activities that they have done and I am proud to be a Football mom.:dancingpa

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a little league game this past week, .. the winning team had a 20+ point lead and the ball with just over a minute and a half left. They were taking a couple of knees to end the game and apparently, not trying to run up the score. The refs must have told the kids that the other team was taking a knee as the first 'Victory' formation was very calm. Then a mother yelled from the stands something along the lines of 'Dont let them do that, get ya a shot in. Hit somebody'. Apparently one of the kids took this 'advice' to heart and when the QB for the winning team took another knee, the kid came thru the line and absolutely leveled him. The refs didn't even let them them snap the ball again (just over 30 seconds left, I understand not taking a chance on getting a kid hurt). I don't know if anything was said to the woman or the coach, but that was cheap, .... and the source was a MOTHER. Just amazing.

Wow, Mom's are taking the heat here. :fight: I am a Mom of football player, I don't necessarilly like for my son to get hurt but I know that comes with the territory. I really don't believe that fathers like for their sons to get hurt either but as the saying goes "Women are from Venus and Men from Mars", we think differently and that really is a good thing.;)

Need more moms like you.:dancingpa