You make the call...

UKCATSFAN

Can't the game end in with offensive penalty?

3-3-3 as cited would make it seemm that it cannot end unless certain circumstances are in play. I don't know if my "push" scenario falls under that situation so I'm guessing you have an untimed down.

3-3-3 as cited would make it seemm that it cannot end unless certain circumstances are in play. I don't know if my "push" scenario falls under that situation so I'm guessing you have an untimed down.

Only if in your scenario the offensive player scored a TD. Otherwise the other team would just decline the penalty and the game would end...

If he scores and they accept the penalty an untimed down would have to be played...

Only if in your scenario the offensive player scored a TD. Otherwise the other team would just decline the penalty and the game would end...

If he scores and they accept the penalty an untimed down would have to be played...

That is what I am thinking anyway. :thumb:

Illegal forward pass, 10yd penalty from previous spot and lose of down. With the lose of down on fourth down, the defense would take possession with no time left on the 50 yrd line and the game is over.

Normally if the defense excepts the penelty, the offense would get a untimed down, but with the lose of down the result of the penelty would be a turn over on downs, if there was not a score the defense would normally decline the penelty to end the game, but if the penelty is declined the play stands which is TD.

If it was ruled a fumble, on fourth down, the offensive player who fumbled has to recover it. Right?

The enforcement would be from the spot of the foul and not the previous spot. That would mean that after the enforcement the result would be a first down. I could have done a better job wording the play.

Lets say on the last playof the game, say a qb sneak, the offense is flagged for whatever the penalty is called where a player "aids" the runner by pushing him forward. Last play. It was 1st down. Also if it was 4th down.

What then? Does that penalty result in loss of down? Or do we an untimed down situation after the penalty is marked off?

Aiding the runner is a 5 yd penalty from the spot of the foul. So, if the defense accepts the penalty then there would be an untimed down. If the defense declines the penalty, the result of the play would stand.