Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker new Reds manager

Featured Replies

I would have taken Pete Mac over Dusty.

 

The Reds will have a lot of selling to do to their fans...they really missed on this one.

Tough for me to put my allegience up for sale, but gosh, this hire is the wrong fit for this organization.

It is almost unfathomable how misguided the Reds organization is with this hire.

Mama aint happy.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trade Homer Bailey, I'd rather watch him pitch for someone else than watch Dusty ruin his arm..

Just said it on SportsCenter that he will be announced Monday morning. I'm ticked!!!

I agree I will support him too even though that was not close to who I would like to have seen.

 

Yeah, there were better ones out the IMO. I'm not happy.

I would say the obvious reason is that Bob and Wayne think he's the best choice.

 

It's a shame that they get paid for thinking then. This is not a good hire. Maybe the Reds saved enough money to sign Bonds now!

Slept on it. Still don't like it.

 

Homer, he'll see you at 8:00 am Monday morning...

Worst possible choice. Not a team guy, never was, not a motivator of professionals (which may be a good thing here since we seem to lack a goodly number of those), not a field "general" on a team lacking leadership. What could they have possibly been thinking?

It's interesting to read the comments on the Cincinnati Enquirer's website. I knew there were a lot of stupid Reds fans, but reading the comments made me realize that some are dumber than I thought. One guy posted that he couldn't believe that everyone is saying that Dusty Baker is the 1st African American manager in the Reds history. This guy claims that honor goes to Tony Perez. What an idiot. :rolleyes:

So the good news is that the Reds can't get any worse regardless of how good or bad Baker might do in Cincinnati. The bad news is that if he got offended with what Chip Caray and Steve Stone were saying in the booth, how is he going to react to Marty, Thom and Jeff calling it the way it is from day one?

 

Marty's comments back during the fiasco in Chicago:

 

"Dusty Baker singularly could have stopped that stuff right from the beginning," Brennaman said at the time. "And I just think it escalated into something that was not very pretty."

 

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2007/10/bakers-peace-mi.html

 

***We all know that winning cures all problems, is it March yet?

He does have rabbit ears and if he thought Steve Stone was bad, Marty makes him look like Sister Theresa

Slept on it too..... still ticked!!! The Reds and Bengals really make it as tough as possible for their loyal fans to stand by their side!

I agree with Homer getting out!

I'm officially a Cleveland fan.

So, we're all convinced that Kerry Wood and Mark Prior didn't have any arm trouble before Dusty?

Hopefully Dusty has learned from his 1st two managing jobs. I hope he hires a competent pitching coach, and listens to him when he tells him it's time to go get someone.

 

I agree. A good pitching coach will make a huge difference. I would think that he learned from his mistakes and won't have anyone pitching 140 pitches in a game. Pitching, pitching, pitching should be the Reds priority.

 

I believe, that he has won manager of the year 2 or 3 times.

 

Players ability affects the win/loss record more than the manager. It is up to the players to hit the ball, field the ball, get a runner over and get them across the plate. The manager puts them in position, but they must execute.

 

I have not been a big fan of Baker, but I will give him a chance. If he makes bad calls or can't improve the team, then I'm sure that all of us will post them and discuss it.

So, we're all convinced that Kerry Wood and Mark Prior didn't have any arm trouble before Dusty?

I hang Wood's trouble on overuse by Don Baylor. Prior came under Dusty's watch.

I agree. A good pitching coach will make a huge difference. I would think that he learned from his mistakes and won't have anyone pitching 140 pitches in a game. Pitching, pitching, pitching should be the Reds priority.

 

I believe, that he has won manager of the year 2 or 3 times.

 

Players ability affects the win/loss record more than the manager. It is up to the players to hit the ball, field the ball, get a runner over and get them across the plate. The manager puts them in position, but they must execute.

 

I have not been a big fan of Baker, but I will give him a chance. If he makes bad calls or can't improve the team, then I'm sure that all of us will post them and discuss it.

I would think Dick Pole will come back as pitching coach.

Can't understand why people are :irked: or are suprised by this hire. I think Baker is absolutely the guy to lead the Reds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To 3 more years of failure. The Reds blow!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.