Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker new Reds manager

Featured Replies

Is that a yes or a no?

 

 

Are you serious? He posted the two places Dusty has managed, his record each season, and what place he came in. How does that not answer your question?

  • Replies 180
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see who the Yankees hire or my allegiance may be up for sale...

Is that a yes or a no?
You asked the question, I provided his record.

 

If you're asking me, do I like him as a Manager.....A resounding, NO. He has no concept of how to handle pitchers. His teams always seem to struggle with fundamentals.

Wow looks like the Giants really started to get good in 1997* Wonder how Dusty started to get all that production out of the Giants* Think he did it naturally*

You asked the question, I provided his record.

 

If you're asking me, do I like him as a Manager.....A resounding, NO. He has no concept of how to handle pitchers. His teams always seem to struggle with fundamentals.

 

 

Hopefully Dusty has learned from his 1st two managing jobs. I hope he hires a competent pitching coach, and listens to him when he tells him it's time to go get someone.

WHY???

 

I might have to jump on the Cubs wagon, I always liked Lou.

WHY???

 

I would say the obvious reason is that Bob and Wayne think he's the best choice.

Hopefully Dusty has learned from his 1st two managing jobs. I hope he hires a competent pitching coach, and listens to him when he tells him it's time to go get someone.
That will be the key, to any success the Reds have.....Pitching staff and how they are handled.

 

I really look for an active winter, from the Reds.

We can't do anything about it anyway. when will the Reds get a real team and manager back ! ! !

Unless our new manager planned on making a few spot starts it's probably not gonna matter anyways.

Not a good night... :irked:

Hopefully Dusty has learned from his 1st two managing jobs. I hope he hires a competent pitching coach, and listens to him when he tells him it's time to go get someone.

 

How about Leo Mazzone?

Channel 12 did a viewer poll the other day, and 79% were against hiring Baker. :irked:

That makes me feel even better about the hire!

As I stated in the other thread. Was he my first choice, no. I think all things considered, (a LOT of the names thrown around were not interested) it may be as good as they can get, and I'm not unhappy with it.

So the good news is that the Reds can't get any worse regardless of how good or bad Baker might do in Cincinnati. The bad news is that if he got offended with what Chip Caray and Steve Stone were saying in the booth, how is he going to react to Marty, Thom and Jeff calling it the way it is from day one?

 

Marty's comments back during the fiasco in Chicago:

 

"Dusty Baker singularly could have stopped that stuff right from the beginning," Brennaman said at the time. "And I just think it escalated into something that was not very pretty."

 

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2007/10/bakers-peace-mi.html

 

***We all know that winning cures all problems, is it March yet?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.