Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker new Reds manager

Featured Replies

  • Replies 180
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like something someone else said?:confused::D

 

Ahh, but that Tom Verducci doesn't know anything...

 

He should've said, "A guy with barely a winning track record and a knack for blowing out young arms..."

He should've said, "A guy with barely a winning track record and a knack for blowing out young arms..."

14 seasons and 9 winnings ones....barely? :confused:

 

A knack that consists of 1. Again....:confused:

Jason Schmidt, Kerry Wood and Prior.

 

Maybe he meant 1 staff:cool:

Kerry Wood blew out his elbow when Don Baylor was the manager in 1999.

Is that a yes or a no?

 

9 Winning seasons. 5 Years with 90 or more wins.

The one potential positive is that Dusty brings about an attitude with this team. Previous managers, all fine gentlemen, had this team have a choir boy attitude on the field. I want some nastiness - some attitude.

The one potential positive is that Dusty brings about an attitude with this team. Previous managers, all fine gentlemen, had this team have a choir boy attitude on the field. I want some nastiness - some attitude.

 

 

Sorry, she and Schottzie have passed on.:D

Jason Schmidt, Kerry Wood and Prior.

Again....Wood was already fried.

 

Schmidt???? Dusty managed SF until 2002. Since then Schmidt has the following record.

 

2003- 17-5

2004- 18-7

2005- 12-7

2006- 11-9

2007- 1-4

 

 

Schmidt has 59 wins since Dusty was his manager, averaged 15 a year for the first four years after Dusty left, still think he ruined him?

 

This notion that he ruins young pitchers, again, b/c of one guy. Is ridiculous.

He is the manager and that is that, no matter if we approve or not. I think it is a better choice than a no name manager that they will fire in a year and a half.

The one potential positive is that Dusty brings about an attitude with this team. Previous managers, all fine gentlemen, had this team have a choir boy attitude on the field. I want some nastiness - some attitude.

 

Definitely. I was unhappy at first, but I'm going to buckle in and give Dusty Baker a chance. He really can't do much worse.

He is the manager and that is that, no matter if we approve or not. I think it is a better choice than a no name manager that they will fire in a year and a half.

I think this is a telling stat.

 

This is the first time since 1990 the Reds have gone outside the team to hire a manager.

 

11 managers in that time.

 

4 winning seasons at that time.

 

Time to go outside, bring in some fresh blood and see what he can do.

He should've said, "A guy with barely a winning track record and a knack for blowing out young arms..."

 

:thumb: I agree Mitts and I hope that we are both wrong on our feelings on this (I take it that you don't like it either). As for me ......I was hoping that it was just speculation and I "just threw up in my mouth".

 

I would love to be proven wrong and have a serving of crow on this but jmo this is a bad hire.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.