Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker new Reds manager

Featured Replies

Castellini told Cunningham that they will raise payroll substantially for the upcoming season.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Castellini told Cunningham that they will raise payroll substantially for the upcoming season.

 

They just did by more than $2 Mil...

Castellini told Cunningham that they will raise payroll substantially for the upcoming season.

 

Does it matter? I thought the pitching selections out there were non-existent. I remember somewhere hearing that Kyle Loshe may be the top FA pitcher out there.

Does it matter? I thought the pitching selections out there were non-existent. I remember somewhere hearing that Kyle Loshe may be the top FA pitcher out there.

 

Doesn't mean you can't trade for it. Maybe payroll will go up because they have to 'eat' some bad decisions from the past. Meanwhile, upgrading the ballclub...

Castellini told Cunningham that they will raise payroll substantially for the upcoming season.

 

I'll believe it when I see it.

Doesn't mean you can't trade for it. Maybe payroll will go up because they have to 'eat' some bad decisions from the past. Meanwhile, upgrading the ballclub...

 

Not sure they have anything to really trade for enough position. Maybe a package of a couple outfielders, besides Dunn, but who can you trade with that will take 2 OFers? Might have to make a three-way trade where a Jr would go one place, Hamilton another place and a Pitcher here.

 

Although I see Jr here for one more season and then gone.

Not sure they have anything to really trade for enough position. Maybe a package of a couple outfielders, besides Dunn, but who can you trade with that will take 2 OFers? Might have to make a three-way trade where a Jr would go one place, Hamilton another place and a Pitcher here.

 

Although I see Jr here for one more season and then gone.

 

Depends on what Castellini's goal is. If he thinks he needs to win now, he may unload a young guy or two for some pitching. If it's the future he's looking for, I think he'll package Dunn or Griffey. A team that's a bench guy away would love to have Freel, just not for that price...IMO.

 

Not sure what he'll do, we'll see...

After reading this article it looks like they players will be happy. From reading Arroyo's comments I would say that Bob C. and Krivsky talked with the players about who they might want as their manager. I'm slowly starting to feel better and better about the hire.

 

 

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071014&content_id=2265626&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

:thumb:

I liked what Dusty had to say at the presser. Only one thing bothers me though. Dusty talked about how losing had an ill affect on his health. That may be a problem.

I liked what Dusty had to say at the presser. Only one thing bothers me though. Dusty talked about how losing had an ill affect on his health. That may be a problem.

 

I think he was just stating how much he hates losing. It makes him "sick" to lose...

I liked what Dusty had to say at the presser. Only one thing bothers me though. Dusty talked about how losing had an ill affect on his health. That may be a problem.

 

Does the same to me!!

Does the same to me!!

 

A lot of people have developed a resistance to it though.

A lot of people have developed a resistance to it though.

 

Make millions of dollars a year irrelevant to how your team finishes will do that to you.

Something I found interesting was Dusty said a lot of players have already called him and are interested in play for the Reds now that he is there. Sounds be a fun off season.

You're agreeing with a statement that I easily proved wrong.

 

I hope that you are right and I stated before that I hope that I am wrong about Baker. :thumb:

Obviously you are the all knowing baseball machine on here, Forgive me sir for having a different opinion :rolleyes:.

 

 

98 are you sure that you are not Tony Larussa??? (LOL)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.