Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker new Reds manager

Featured Replies

It sounds like Dunn isn't going anywhere, and in fact, he might be around for a while. Castellini says they're picking up his option, and possibly working on a contract extension. I'm curious to know what changed his mind, because from everything I heard, they were shopping him hard this past season.

 

Sounds like HSSB got a hold of him in the elevator...

  • Replies 180
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he'll have some help around him in the lineup. Plus, Dusty's history of managing sluggers probably had some effect as well.

I heard rumors that Dunn place a huge fruit and vegetable order at the local produce place.:D

On a serious note, if I am the manager coming to the Reds, I WANT Dunn on the team, UNLESS you can pick up a Willis, Webb or something like that in his place.

I heard rumors that Dunn place a huge fruit and vegetable order at the local produce place.:D

 

 

That's only because Kramer has been banned. :D

Sounds like HSSB got a hold of him in the elevator...

 

:laugh:

Reaching for his son being a bat boy as a problem is dragging the bottom of the barrel.

 

If it's in Dusty's barrell it's fair game. The guy is not intelligent. This is a simple example without getting racial. Very bad hire and fiscally beyond irresponsible.

If it's in Dusty's barrell it's fair game. The guy is not intelligent. This is a simple example without getting racial. Very bad hire and fiscally beyond irresponsible.

 

So he was wrong for wanting his son in the dugout and helping the team during the World Series. Wow.

 

To me, I see this as being a good dad. Wanting to put his son in a position that he will remember for the rest of his life. Being a batboy for the World Series.

 

I also recall a comment that Jr made. He would never play for the Yankees because of how he and the other player's kids were treated by Steinbrenner.

Seems to me that all the things people didn't like about Baker are being debunked pretty quickly...
Baker's history speaks for itself, regardless of what he said in the press conference.
Baker's history speaks for itself, regardless of what he said in the press conference.

I didn't hear the press conference.

Baker's history speaks for itself, regardless of what he said in the press conference.

 

You mean the history of taking 8 teams out of 14 years to the playoffs?

So he was wrong for wanting his son in the dugout and helping the team during the World Series. Wow.

 

To me, I see this as being a good dad. Wanting to put his son in a position that he will remember for the rest of his life. Being a batboy for the World Series.

 

I also recall a comment that Jr made. He would never play for the Yankees because of how he and the other player's kids were treated by Steinbrenner.

 

So it's EITHER Dusty or George?! Pardon me but I'll take neither.

You mean the history of taking 8 teams out of 14 years to the playoffs?
Dusty owes a big part of his career to Barry Bonds ...

 

I'm a Cubs fan, and I watched Baker run the franchise into the ground by overworking a talented pitching staff and consistently asking washed-up veterans to play bigger roles than they were capable of playing.

 

I know what I saw ... some of it has been explained here, and there's more I haven't mentioned.

Dusty owes a big part of his career to Barry Bonds ...

 

I'm a Cubs fan, and I watched Baker run the franchise into the ground by overworking a talented pitching staff and consistently asking washed-up veterans to play bigger roles than they were capable of playing.

 

I know what I saw ... some of it has been explained here, and there's more I haven't mentioned.

Baker critics don't let facts get in the way...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.