Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker new Reds manager

Featured Replies

Something I found interesting was Dusty said a lot of players have already called him and are interested in play for the Reds now that he is there. Sounds be a fun off season.

I've said before one of the plusses for Dusty is that veteran free agents like to play for him and he does a good job of trying to recruit them there. As a Reds fan, I would hope that Krivsky and the boss don't scare them away. Also, payroll has increased some in his first seasons at both SF and Chicago. Not to Yankee and Red Sox level but enough to go get a veteran starter or two. If I were a betting man, I'd say four free agents that could wind up in Cincy in '08 are Pedro Feliz, Joe Kennedy, Freddy Garcia (Harang, Garcia, and Arroyo anyone?), and Joe Borowski as a set up man for Weathers.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds don't need a setup guy...

Are you plugging Majewski into the right hander set up role?

Are you plugging Majewski into the right hander set up role?

 

Burton. The guy that stabilized the role at the half way point...

As am I. The more and more I read, the more and more I'm liking it.

 

 

I am too. The hire is over. He is a good manager, and is, apparently, the right choice for this team. He does win.

 

Castellini told Cunningham that they will raise payroll substantially for the upcoming season.

 

On 700 WLW he said, "We will use every penny we have to spend on improving the Reds for the upcomong season."

The Reds don't need a setup guy...

 

??????????????

??????????????

 

Did you watch the last 3 months of the season at all???

They will sign several guys for the bullpen and will offer several more minor league invites. They may even make plays for Dotel or Todd Jones in the closer role if Dusty pushes for it.

They will sign several guys for the bullpen and will offer several more minor league invites. They may even make plays for Dotel or Todd Jones in the closer role if Dusty pushes for it.

 

I don't doubt that at all. Just saying the RHP setup role is in good hands...

Wasn't Burton on the DL twice during the season?

Wasn't Burton on the DL twice during the season?

 

He was on the "DL" twice. As a Rule 5 guy, they needed a place to put him early in the season...

I think they will make a run at either Garcia or Livan Hernanadez. Livan is a guy who will eat some major innings along with Harang.

Did you watch the last 3 months of the season at all???

 

Yes I did, but to be successful, you need a set up man imo.

Yes I did, but to be successful, you need a set up man imo.

 

And they have one already. I guess you didn't watch the last 3 months very closely...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.