Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker new Reds manager

Featured Replies

It's ok...maybe next year, Cubs fans.

 

I can understand you being bitter.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first thing Baker needs to do before running a ballclub is go on a diet.:lol:

I haven't been on in a few days so I'm a little behind in the thread BUT...I wasn't a fan of the move when rumors were swirling...but now that it has happened I can't think of one reason to be upset. The guy has a good track record despite some of the mistakes he has made. The fact is no matter how poor he may be, he's better than any Reds manager in the last decade. And I think he will do a better job than most of us think he will.

The funniest part of this thread is watching veteran baseball fans change direction 180 degrees from the thread when his signing was rumored to be imminent. You mean to tell me that there is a lot about Dusty that you didn't already know and have since learned since his signing?

 

I'll be the lone consistent dissenting Reds' fan I guess. Oh well....

The funniest part of this thread is watching veteran baseball fans change direction 180 degrees from the thread when his signing was rumored to be imminent. You mean to tell me that there is a lot about Dusty that you didn't already know and have since learned since his signing?

 

I'll be the lone consistent dissenting Reds' fan I guess. Oh well....

 

My last Dusty related post...

 

Or he's saying the right things...

 

Again, we'll have to wait and see...

The funniest part of this thread is watching veteran baseball fans change direction 180 degrees from the thread when his signing was rumored to be imminent. You mean to tell me that there is a lot about Dusty that you didn't already know and have since learned since his signing?

 

I'll be the lone consistent dissenting Reds' fan I guess. Oh well....

I was okay with it before, and I was the ONLY one.

I wasn't against it or for it. I was caught in the middle. But I certainly don't think its a kiss of death.

The funniest part of this thread is watching veteran baseball fans change direction 180 degrees from the thread when his signing was rumored to be imminent. You mean to tell me that there is a lot about Dusty that you didn't already know and have since learned since his signing?

 

I'll be the lone consistent dissenting Reds' fan I guess. Oh well....

I never left the path, my comment was a resounding NO....We'll travel together, my friend.
I never left the path, my comment was a resounding NO....We'll travel together, my friend.

 

I hope you guys travel on the same path that those of us Anti-Brooks posters took and are eating a healthy dose of crow in future seasons.:thumb:

The first thing Baker needs to do before running a ballclub is go on a diet.:lol:

 

The tooth pick diet has not been very successful for him.:lol:

I'm still not happy. I can't believe people that were worried about pitchers throwing too many pitches and young guys not playing enough aren't worried b/c he said he likes young guys and won't overuse his pitchers.

 

I hope I'm way off on this one, but I let it be known to someone who works for the Reds that I won't be buying my ticket pack this year.

I hope you guys travel on the same path that those of us Anti-Brooks posters took and are eating a healthy dose of crow in future seasons.:thumb:

 

However, as you'll surely remember, I was Pro-Brooks early and often and wavered only slightly after their embarrassing loss in Bloomington a few years ago. So... :sssh:

One positive, I don't think Dusty will allow our pitching staff to be gutless when their own guys are getting dotted or after someone 'cadillacs' a homerun...

Interesting to read back on this thread briefly.

The funniest part of this thread is watching veteran baseball fans change direction 180 degrees from the thread when his signing was rumored to be imminent. You mean to tell me that there is a lot about Dusty that you didn't already know and have since learned since his signing?

 

I'll be the lone consistent dissenting Reds' fan I guess. Oh well....

 

My favorite post -- people were flopping around on the hire.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.