Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker new Reds manager

Featured Replies

I would think Dick Pole will come back as pitching coach.

 

The only good news to come out of this. :D

  • Replies 180
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm officially a Cleveland fan.

 

Welcome to the wigwam !!! :ylsuper:

 

(you picked a good time, too)

This a horrible hire, after some of the comments that he has made in the past I have no respect for the man. I wonder if that Bonds arrogants rubbed off on him. Plus he just isn't a very good manager.

Personally I can't stand Dusty Baker...He's arrogant and a racist IMO.

 

You're thinking of Joe Morgan, who will be the first one to publicly back this hire.

Figured I'd put this up before 98 got around to it. Per Lance...

 

Below is where Dusty ranks among others...based on their numbers prior to being hired by the Reds.

Games managed

2261 Bill McKechnie

2204 Dusty Baker

Wins

1162 Dusty Baker

1152 Bill McKechnie

Winning percentage

.582 Davey Johnson

.537 Lou Piniella

.527 Dusty Baker

Winning seasons

11 Bill McKechnie

9 Dusty Baker

Playoff appearances

4 Dusty Baker

2 Davey Johnson, Bill McKechnie, Rogers Hornsby

World Series appearances

2 Bill McKechnie....1 WS title

2 Rogers Hornsby....1 WS title

1 Davey Johnson.....1 WS title

1 Dusty Baker

Division titles

3 Dusty Baker

2 Davey Johnson

1st place finishes

3 Dusty Baker

2 Davey Johnson, Bill McKechnie

2nd place finishes

6 Dusty Baker

5 Davey Johnson

90+ win seasons

6 Davey Johson

5 Dusty Baker, Bill McKechnie

100+ win seasons

2 Davey Johnson

1 Dusty Baker, Bill McKechnie

Manager of The Year

3 Dusty Baker

Good hire by Cincinnati bringing in Dusty Baker under a three-year contract to be the Reds manager. The team needed someone with a winning track record and instant credibility when he steps into the clubhouse.

 

SI.com

General manager Wayne Krivsky phoned Saturday and told Pete Mackanin that Dusty Baker would get the job over him.

"He felt bad, but they're doing that they want to do," Mackanin said. "Dusty has a decent record. I'm kind of flabbergasted. I'm in a position where I'm going to have to figure out where I'm going to be next year."

 

MLB.com

I was a huge Baker backer but after he made the statement we handle the heat better than they do I lost all respect for him.

 

TO me he is just another person with race issues and I have no love for those kind of people. By those I mean ANYONE WITH RACE ISSUES.

I was a huge Baker backer but after he made the statement we handle the heat better than they do I lost all respect for him.

 

TO me he is just another person with race issues and I have no love for those kind of people. By those I mean ANYONE WITH RACE ISSUES.

 

Thats all this city needs: is a guy with racial issues. Should at least be a distraction to another 85+ loss season

Good hire by Cincinnati bringing in Dusty Baker under a three-year contract to be the Reds manager. The team needed someone with a winning track record and instant credibility when he steps into the clubhouse.

 

SI.com

Sounds like something someone else said?:confused::D

 

Ahh, but that Tom Verducci doesn't know anything...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.