9th Region

Nell Fookes at Boone County

Also, NKY has teams that play in the 10th region too. So in addressing NKY, you have to consider both 9th and 10th region or you would exclude Campbell County's Ed Cravens, Silver Grove's Ray Kues, Brossart's Camey Geiman and I am drawing a blank on Scott's and Calvary Christian's names.

I do have some young kids, but am also just trying to familiarize myself with NKY. I have been involved in the Cincinnati girl's basketball area for over 10 years, and just moved over here. It is good to know that there are good (great) coaches in the area!!! I will probably look for a job in a program next spring. I was just wanting to know which direction I should be looking...

I have also heard that Coach Sowders at Simon Kenton is very good, and also the Coach Terwilliger, the new Lloyd coach is good.....

I do have some young kids, but am also just trying to familiarize myself with NKY. I have been involved in the Cincinnati girl's basketball area for over 10 years, and just moved over here. It is good to know that there are good (great) coaches in the area!!! I will probably look for a job in a program next spring. I was just wanting to know which direction I should be looking...

I have also heard that Coach Sowders at Simon Kenton is very good, and also the Coach Terwilliger, the new Lloyd coach is good.....

Coach Stowers ar SK is one of the best:thumb:

So are Regions basically counties? I am so confused. We have individual conferences in Ohio. I don't get the whole 9th Region, 34th district..... Is it based on size of school at all, or proximity?

No. I guess regions are somewhat geographical. There are 16 regions in the state. The regions are then broke down into Districts. Each district has an average of 4 schools. There are no classifications according to size of school.

Adding to that, the state tournament setup is as follows. Each District has a tournament. Both the dist runnerup and champ move on to the regional tournament. The 16 winners of the regionals move on the the state tournament, The Sweet Sixteen. From these 16 emerges the sole state champion. Some like this format. Some do not.

Everyone will have their priority list when it comes to answering a question like this. Most of the coaches listed are very good coaches but each has their own style, strengths and weaknesses. This is quite a varied list in terms of experience, length of coaching, personality and coaching style.