Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region

Featured Replies

Nell Fookes at Boone County

 

Also, NKY has teams that play in the 10th region too. So in addressing NKY, you have to consider both 9th and 10th region or you would exclude Campbell County's Ed Cravens, Silver Grove's Ray Kues, Brossart's Camey Geiman and I am drawing a blank on Scott's and Calvary Christian's names.

If you have young girls, Coach Fookes might be retired by the time they come thru. Top 9th region programs are NDA, Boone, Highlands, NCC, Conner, Holmes which all are well coached, or at least have good bball players to try to coach.

  • Author

I do have some young kids, but am also just trying to familiarize myself with NKY. I have been involved in the Cincinnati girl's basketball area for over 10 years, and just moved over here. It is good to know that there are good (great) coaches in the area!!! I will probably look for a job in a program next spring. I was just wanting to know which direction I should be looking...

 

I have also heard that Coach Sowders at Simon Kenton is very good, and also the Coach Terwilliger, the new Lloyd coach is good.....

I do have some young kids, but am also just trying to familiarize myself with NKY. I have been involved in the Cincinnati girl's basketball area for over 10 years, and just moved over here. It is good to know that there are good (great) coaches in the area!!! I will probably look for a job in a program next spring. I was just wanting to know which direction I should be looking...

 

I have also heard that Coach Sowders at Simon Kenton is very good, and also the Coach Terwilliger, the new Lloyd coach is good.....

 

Coach Stowers ar SK is one of the best:thumb:

Coach Stowers ar SK is one of the best:thumb:

 

I would put him as the best, IMO, but he is 8th region and not 9th.:sssh:;)

I would put him as the best, IMO, but he is 8th region and not 9th.:sssh:;)

 

Wouldn't you consider them a NKY team as some you listed out of the 10th earlier?:p:D

  • Author

So are Regions basically counties? I am so confused. We have individual conferences in Ohio. I don't get the whole 9th Region, 34th district..... Is it based on size of school at all, or proximity?

So are Regions basically counties? I am so confused. We have individual conferences in Ohio. I don't get the whole 9th Region, 34th district..... Is it based on size of school at all, or proximity?

 

No. I guess regions are somewhat geographical. There are 16 regions in the state. The regions are then broke down into Districts. Each district has an average of 4 schools. There are no classifications according to size of school.

Adding to that, the state tournament setup is as follows. Each District has a tournament. Both the dist runnerup and champ move on to the regional tournament. The 16 winners of the regionals move on the the state tournament, The Sweet Sixteen. From these 16 emerges the sole state champion. Some like this format. Some do not.

Everyone will have their priority list when it comes to answering a question like this. Most of the coaches listed are very good coaches but each has their own style, strengths and weaknesses. This is quite a varied list in terms of experience, length of coaching, personality and coaching style.

Warfield from Conner one of the most under rated coaches in the area

There are no classifications according to size of school.

 

For our friend from Ohio, the above is true for basketball and baseball - not football.

The Ryle Raiders have a new coach Patty Oliverio. I look for the Raiders to become a strong 9th region contender.

The Ryle Raiders have a new coach Patty Oliverio. I look for the Raiders to become a strong 9th region contender.

 

 

She has some players to work with. I wonder if she will let the big girl shoot the 3's or go inside and post up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.