St. X 41 Lexington Catholic 9

Hats off to X. They came with a good scheme and it worked. Israel was still out of the game but will return next week. My question is how much time does X spend watching past film and scouting. They knew and could call out each and every play that catholic ran. This shocked the heck out of me how a team could know what the other team was running. Great job scouting. Good job X and good luck the rest of the season.

Maybe St. X knew what was coming because Lex Cath was running only 6 different plays, and 3 of those plays were run 75% of the time? Even if they knew what was coming it always comes down to a matter of execution. St. X may not be very big this year, but their defense was very fast to the ball.

.......but the St. X defense did a good job of containing the run and not giving the LC QB much time to throw. Quick hitters to the TE and screens seemed to work the best for LC tonight. #5 made a good catch down field for the Knights, he just out jumped the St. X DB for maybe their longest gain of the night.

The fact that the Lex Cath quarterback was sacked only one time after attempting more than 50 passes tells me that the line was giving him plenty of time to pass - and there were five or less true 'hurries', thus, I would say the QB had plenty of time to pass. The 'quick hitters' need to be TRUE quick hitters - get the ball from the shot gun and get it to the receiver without hesitation. Too many times by the time the ball was released to the wide-out or slot receiver in the flat, the defensive end had slid down the line to the receiver and three St. X linebackers had crashed the convoy of blockers. Admittedly, St. X showed a lot of speed, and they knew what was coming due to limited play selection, but the lack of execution of the passing game was not because of the defensive pass rush (St. X only rushed four all night and I cannot remember a blitz).

Hats off to X. They came with a good scheme and it worked. Israel was still out of the game but will return next week. My question is how much time does X spend watching past film and scouting. They knew and could call out each and every play that catholic ran. This shocked the heck out of me how a team could know what the other team was running. Great job scouting. Good job X and good luck the rest of the season.

Not to sound smart, but it's called preparing your team to win. I'm not naive, I know talent will win out more times than not, but there's something to be said about scouting. IMO it makes average talent good, good talent great, and great talent almost unbeatable. Just one person's opinion.

The fact that the Lex Cath quarterback was sacked only one time after attempting more than 50 passes tells me that the line was giving him plenty of time to pass - and there were five or less true 'hurries', thus, I would say the QB had plenty of time to pass. The 'quick hitters' need to be TRUE quick hitters - get the ball from the shot gun and get it to the receiver without hesitation. Too many times by the time the ball was released to the wide-out or slot receiver in the flat, the defensive end had slid down the line to the receiver and three St. X linebackers had crashed the convoy of blockers. Admittedly, St. X showed a lot of speed, and they knew what was coming due to limited play selection, but the lack of execution of the passing game was not because of the defensive pass rush (St. X only rushed four all night and I cannot remember a blitz).

No need to blitz. The X secondary mathched up well with the Lex Cath WRs. X has more speed than people think.

No need to blitz. The X secondary mathched up well with the Lex Cath WRs. X has more speed than people think.

Agreed there was no need to blitz - and St. X's speed has already been mentioned - very impressive. My comment was more a knock on Lex Cath's hesitancy to release the ball on so called 'quick routes', and to let it be known that the O-line gave good support on pass protection.

I have got to take my hat off to LC #5 Winston Guy. What an athlete! It isnt that X needs work with PATs, Winston Guy is just a beast, he block the ones that were missed. I wish the best of luck to him and the rest of the knights.

I completely agree LA-X. He is a stud, with great leaps. On many of their pass plays he looked like he ws going up for a dunk instead of to catch a football. I wish him well down the road. He'll be a force to be dealt with by other 5A teams.

I completely agree LA-X. He is a stud, with great leaps. On many of their pass plays he looked like he ws going up for a dunk instead of to catch a football. I wish him well down the road. He'll be a force to be dealt with by other 5A teams.

Hey Birdie

Think what he will do against 4A teams... Lex Cath is a 4A team this year not 5.