Bell Co. 38 Whitley Co. 14

Hearsay

Whitley gave Bell all they wanted in the first half..............not sure what happened in the second half as I did not hear any of it.

The Colonels have a tough schedule, but they are going to have a good season before it's all said and done if they just stay the course.

Bell has a very good football team and they are very well coached. J.D. Hilton is going to be a hoss, Spencer Greer will end up being one of the best backs Bell has ever had.

Whitley played well, but the field position set up by Bell's Merrick was a big key in the game. While Bell worked on a short field most of the night, Whitley had to start from the 20 every time but once. Special teams were special for Bell, setting themselves up nicely and the Greer return really took the wind out of the sails of Whitley.

Whitley showed that they can compete with the elite teams but they have to get over the hump and play the whole game. 4CHS is right if they continue on the course they are on, the Colonels will be just fine. The game was closer thant he score but Bell was the better team as a whole on friday night but for a half they were about even.

Good Job Colonels Keep working.....Good luck the rest of the season Bobcats....

Whitley came out with a very good attitude and made a good stand. I look for them to have a good season. The bobcats came out very sour and showed they had maybe overlooked the Colonels somewhat. If Dudley wants to take this team to the turf, discipline will be the key, something that has lacked for a while around the Bell campus. Bell's offense is very explosive. If Greer can stay healthy, Christopher can hang on to the ball, and Goodin keep lay'in down those crushing blocks,I look for a lot of yards to be racked up on the ground. With a cannon in the backfield and a host of receiving talent all the way back into the freshman class, Bell has potential to score just as easily through the air. Speaking of Freshman, Carton is dynamite just waiting to be lit. He just needs to stay focused and concentrate on what's important. The kicking game needs no comment. The defense is solid with Harbin and Simpson backing up a very strong but relatively young line. I noticed Friday night that some key players took off some plays when they weren't involved. Dudley needs 11 players playing 110 percent, 100 percent of the time. Again, discipline. Hope to see the Bobcats in L. GO BOBCATS!