Volleyball question from Public School parent

Lunatic1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong but , I think that schools have the option in Ky to schedule a few (4 or 5 ) 5 game matches during the season . By mutual agreement with the other coach of course .

KHSAA allows each school to schedule a limited number of "best of 5" matches. I believe the limit is six per year. Some of the parochial schools use this format when playing their marquee matchups.

E.G. would agree with you.

Why is where you are located a hinderance in playing club ball ? Go to this website

http://www.pioneervb.com for information about club teams in Kentucky . Maybe there is one close to where you live .

In Eastern Kentucky, there is no club volleyball ... period. T'would get in the way of endless basketball season. :rolleyes:

As for the 2-out-of-3 vs. 3-out-of-5 thing, I have no idea why the NFHS continues to allow the KHSAA to do it wrong.

In Eastern Kentucky, there is no club volleyball ... period. T'would get in the way of endless basketball season. :rolleyes:

As for the 2-out-of-3 vs. 3-out-of-5 thing, I have no idea why the NFHS continues to allow the KHSAA to do it wrong.

Thats is not a very good excuse and Eastern Ky's loss . If there is enough growing interest in volleyball in eastern Ky it is very easy to form your own club . All you need is a few parents to step up and take the lead . I think that the Pioneer region has info on how to do this , but you have to at least contact them to find out about the process . The cost is not prohibitive . And basketball should not get in the way of volleyball season .

Actually the basketball season does get in the way of club volleyball, many of the athletes are the same in the small schools so they would have to start the season later. Also, where to practice? there are no gyms available other than the Schools...

Actually the basketball season does get in the way of club volleyball, many of the athletes are the same in the small schools so they would have to start the season later. Also, where to practice? there are no gyms available other than the Schools...

Basketball doesn't get in the way of club volleyball, club volleyball gets in the way of basketball.

Basketball doesn't get in the way of club volleyball, club volleyball gets in the way of basketball.

Agree.Too many athletes are sold a bill of goods that they can't be successful or make the volleyball team if they don't play v'ball year round. I don't think v'ball coaches are showing a concern for the other sports in the school when they do this. Playing year round doesn't "guarantee" success anyway. The coaches also aren't taking into considration the cost to play club ball. It is quite substatial, and some parents are put in the tough situation of explaning why they can't come up with the money for this, especially if they are in a private school and paying stiff tuition bills to begin with. All sports are becoming to specialized, and kids are missing out on experencing the fun of playing multiple sports. Most kids who play a sport year round at the expense of others look back later and wonder if they could have been sucessful at other sports, but it is too late to find out.

Over the last few years of watching my daughter play VB I have to disagree.When you walk into a high school gym for a match you can pretty much pick out right away who the club players are.
and those are the ones who will get college scholarships for volleyball . :ylsuper: