Louisville 73 Murray State 10

STRIKE3

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone tell me if I mis-heard this.

As I was channel-surfing last night, I thought I heard someone say that the Cards had scored their 70 points (this was prior to the 4th quarter) in something like 13 or 14 minutes of possession time. I assume that meant that their 10 scores averaged around 2 minutes apiece.

Was this accurate, or did I just not hear it right?

You heard right, Louisville put up all of their points in around 13 minutes. Absolutely ridiculous!

You heard right, Louisville put up all of their points in around 13 minutes. Absolutely ridiculous!

UofL was bigger faster and stronger at every position. The offense started hot, and the D showed up just a series late.

I didn't get to see the game, so I can't comment on it. HOWEVER, I DO want to say thank you to Murray for playing us! You stepped up when the BIG boys PAID to get out of playing us!

Can't knock U of L for playing such an easy game

I understand what you're saying but none of those teams mentioned are "Big boys" when it comes to college football.

I understand what you're saying but none of those teams mentioned are "Big boys" when it comes to college football.

They're bigger boys than MSU (well....except Duke...:D)

People complain about Louisville's OOC conference. Louisville fans try to explain, and it gets poo-poo'd as nonsense.

But the "powers" refuse to schedule a home/home deal, and others have paid to NOT play.

They're bigger boys than MSU (well....except Duke...:D)

People complain about Louisville's OOC conference. Louisville fans try to explain, and it gets poo-poo'd as nonsense.

But the "powers" refuse to schedule a home/home deal, and others have paid to NOT play.

Louisville's in a tough spot when it comes to scheduling IMO. The power teams of the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and Pac10 know that if they go undefeated they'll be playing for a national title 95% of the time as it is. Why would they want to risk that opportunity and play at somewhere like UofL?

USC opens with Idaho this year. If they go undefeated they play for the title. If they played @UofL instead of Idaho, and won, they'd play for the title if they went undefeated. The teams from the BEast don't quite have that luxury yet, but they're getting there.

The "Big Boys" as you call them, will play you in a few weeks. I hope your pass defense improves before then.;)

Congrats to the Cards on the W.

Heck, I'm just flattered a U of L fan referred to UK as a "Big Boy"...I think that's a first on BGP. Are you sure you want to stand by that statement, RM? ;)

Louisville's in a tough spot when it comes to scheduling IMO. The power teams of the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and Pac10 know that if they go undefeated they'll be playing for a national title 95% of the time as it is. Why would they want to risk that opportunity and play at somewhere like UofL?

USC opens with Idaho this year. If they go undefeated they play for the title. If they played @UofL instead of Idaho, and won, they'd play for the title if they went undefeated. The teams from the BEast don't quite have that luxury yet, but they're getting there.

They'll never get to the point to where they are assured of playing for the title by going undefeated. They will get to the point where if they're one of two undefeated teams from the Big Six, they'll be in the title game, but, IMO, on most year's the Big East will be depending on only one undefeated team coming from this group...Southern Cal, Notre Dame, the SEC, Big Ten, and Big 12...obviously, there are some variable that could be thrown in, but to make my post short, I'll leave it at that.

The good news is, there haven't been a lot of undefeated teams recently, so the odds are good if they can run the table.

I hate Thursday night games. Everyone is coming from work and trys to get to the game at the same time so traffic is a mess, no time to tailgate before the game, can't stay after the game and party because of work the next day so evryone goes home at the same time making a traffic mess again. Give me Saturday for college football games.