Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

*Walton (8th Region)*

Featured Replies

Walton, Simon Kenton, South Oldham, Shelby County... Best Teams in Region!

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Everyone seems to doubt Walton Verona, but watching them this summer and watching the other teams in the region, I see Walton being on the top end of the region by the end of the year. Seeing Heeger back in the lineup (out with back injury last season) will help the Ladycats more than you think. With everyone focusing on Hargett, Heeger will have plenty of oppertunities to hit those 3's. Hargett might be an offense threat but thats all she is (No D' to her game). With Heeger playing D' and hitting 3's she might be the best shooter in the region and might send walton to the top.

There is another thread "rate the 8th region" on the topic. I am glad Walton looked good this summer no one seemed to have any information. However, I saw them many times last year with and without Heeger and think that without Garcia they will struggle at the beginning of the year.

 

They will certainly be one of the top teams in the All A regional, but unfortunately I think our small schools may be outgunned against the larger South Oldham, SK etc.

 

However I still have high hopes for Walton, Carroll and all of the smaller schools

Walton, Simon Kenton, South Oldham, Shelby County... Best Teams in Region!

 

Lofty goals, but I see them no better than 7th or 8th in the region. SK, South Oldham, Oldham, Anderson and Shelby come to mind off the bat as being better. You can also throw in Grant Co. according to reports on how they played over the summer. Losing Coach Richey will hurt them more than people think though. After that, I think Walton and Owen come into the picture. The next 5 or 6 is a toss up.

I would agree 100% about SK being the top and every one else falling behind somewhere. No one will be putting up big numbers against their swarming defense. They are my pre-season favorite until someone shows me different.

  • Author

I went to a few simon kenton summer games... and some teams matched up with them well this summer. I know its just summer ball and its hard to tell how good a team will be, and yes i agree simon kenton will be on top. But I would bet that a small school to beat them a few times this year.

UKballer12 - Who did Walton play this summer?, I did not see them at any of our camps or summer ball outings.

 

I tried to find out when they were playing, to get a preview, but no one had any information.

Walton, Simon Kenton, South Oldham, Shelby County... Best Teams in Region!
I hope you do not mean in that order. If so, Walton will have some very high expectations to live up to. Like always , they will have alot of talent and will have a good season. But i do not think they will be able to live up to the expectations hoisted upon them by the locals/fans/parents/administration/you/ etc.... . I hope they have a good year.
  • Author

I caught Walton games at the Elementary School.(Walton El. School) But they played Calvary Christian, Simon Kenton, Boone County, I wanna say Owen County(not sure).

  • Author
I hope you do not mean in that order. If so, Walton will have some very high expectations to live up to. Like always , they will have alot of talent and will have a good season. But i do not think they will be able to live up to the expectations hoisted upon them by the locals/fans/parents/administration/you/ etc.... . I hope they have a good year.

 

I do not mean them in that order. But I still think that the small schools will give the "teams" everyone says that will win it a run for their money.

I caught Walton games at the Elementary School.(Walton El. School) But they played Calvary Christian, Simon Kenton, Boone County, I wanna say Owen County(not sure).

 

How did their varsity team fare against Boone and SK?

How did their varsity team fare against Boone and SK?

 

And was Hargett present for those games?

Walton did not play Boone's varsity.

  • Author

Hargett was prestent for all the games besides against Calvary.

Hargett was prestent for all the games besides against Calvary.

 

How did they play against the teams that you watched?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.