*Walton (8th Region)*

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seems to doubt Walton Verona, but watching them this summer and watching the other teams in the region, I see Walton being on the top end of the region by the end of the year. Seeing Heeger back in the lineup (out with back injury last season) will help the Ladycats more than you think. With everyone focusing on Hargett, Heeger will have plenty of oppertunities to hit those 3's. Hargett might be an offense threat but thats all she is (No D' to her game). With Heeger playing D' and hitting 3's she might be the best shooter in the region and might send walton to the top.

There is another thread "rate the 8th region" on the topic. I am glad Walton looked good this summer no one seemed to have any information. However, I saw them many times last year with and without Heeger and think that without Garcia they will struggle at the beginning of the year.

They will certainly be one of the top teams in the All A regional, but unfortunately I think our small schools may be outgunned against the larger South Oldham, SK etc.

However I still have high hopes for Walton, Carroll and all of the smaller schools

Walton, Simon Kenton, South Oldham, Shelby County... Best Teams in Region!

Lofty goals, but I see them no better than 7th or 8th in the region. SK, South Oldham, Oldham, Anderson and Shelby come to mind off the bat as being better. You can also throw in Grant Co. according to reports on how they played over the summer. Losing Coach Richey will hurt them more than people think though. After that, I think Walton and Owen come into the picture. The next 5 or 6 is a toss up.

I would agree 100% about SK being the top and every one else falling behind somewhere. No one will be putting up big numbers against their swarming defense. They are my pre-season favorite until someone shows me different.

I went to a few simon kenton summer games... and some teams matched up with them well this summer. I know its just summer ball and its hard to tell how good a team will be, and yes i agree simon kenton will be on top. But I would bet that a small school to beat them a few times this year.

Walton, Simon Kenton, South Oldham, Shelby County... Best Teams in Region!
I hope you do not mean in that order. If so, Walton will have some very high expectations to live up to. Like always , they will have alot of talent and will have a good season. But i do not think they will be able to live up to the expectations hoisted upon them by the locals/fans/parents/administration/you/ etc.... . I hope they have a good year.

I hope you do not mean in that order. If so, Walton will have some very high expectations to live up to. Like always , they will have alot of talent and will have a good season. But i do not think they will be able to live up to the expectations hoisted upon them by the locals/fans/parents/administration/you/ etc.... . I hope they have a good year.

I do not mean them in that order. But I still think that the small schools will give the "teams" everyone says that will win it a run for their money.

I caught Walton games at the Elementary School.(Walton El. School) But they played Calvary Christian, Simon Kenton, Boone County, I wanna say Owen County(not sure).

How did their varsity team fare against Boone and SK?