Pulaski County 62 Somerset 49

TheDeuce

I love it, SW gets beat by Rock in their first game of the season and all their supporters want to talk about is Somerset and why they lost. Keep taking shots at us. I think there might be a little built up Purple and Gold envy out there somewhere in the past that you just can't surpress and feel the need to take a shot anytime you can. Folks let's get back to football. If you think you have to criticize others to validate what your own program then go ahead. I think you do a diservice to your own program when you spend so much time worrying about SHS.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it, SW gets beat by Rock in their first game of the season and all their supporters want to talk about is Somerset and why they lost. Keep taking shots at us. I think there might be a little built up Purple and Gold envy out there somewhere in the past that you just can't surpress and feel the need to take a shot anytime you can. Folks let's get back to football. If you think you have to criticize others to validate what your own program then go ahead. I think you do a diservice to your own program when you spend so much time worrying about SHS.
... IMHO, if some of you SHS posters would try to be a little less aggressive towards us corn fed boys then maybe , jusy maybe, you would receive less flac. I feel that "you do not throw rocks when you live in glass houses". I make a statement and you counter with throwing rocks. Take your bat and go on home...

Post #59 was merely responding to anothers post and I did say "if it were true". The #62 was in response to one of your posters snide remarks concerning "cornfed". Reread and reconsider please. I am not going to go nit-picking as you just did. That is why myself and others fire back. Heck, we have some posters and loyal SWHS supporters that are grads of SHS. They speak negatively of SHS (their alma mater) as do some of our Coaches. Evidently the bitterness and hatred is deeply seeded. I am not that familiar with your program from the past. All I know is what I have seen over the past few years. Its either YOUR way or the highway. I choose to travel. Am I wrong?:D ...

Everyone needs to remember Rule #2: No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes name calling or personal attacks toward any member, their username, or school. Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" is prohibited in the high school forums.

I am confused, is Somerset a little ole single A school, or a school that has played football for 82 more years then anyone in the county. For those keeping record, Pulaski Co. is 3-2 in the Ray Correl bowl. 2-1 against Somerset on Somerset's field every year.

Go Jumper,

Go Maroons,

Go Warriors.......lets move on

No joke. I think its well established that some people on here can't take jokes, some would rather make remakrs about another teams problems than worry about the one they support. Thats all fine and dandy but now i'm gonna talk about the Jumpers and only the Jumpers.

Offense: The offensive line was not bad all, they were consistent most of the night. Their run blocking was pretty solid, It seemed like they were able to get a good push in short yardage situations. Pass Blocking was mediocre, it seemed like they were confused by the blitz all night long. That may have been due to the youth that is on the line, 2 sophmores starting at guards. They were able to block as long as it was one-on-one, which is good but once teams see the film on how PC blitzed, they will bring it all year and thats something that they must improve on. Even though the offensive production was good (49), it could've been better. This is one of the things that will come with time. I thought Cole and co. did a good job of catching the ball. Hughes had some nice catches out of the backfield. He also had a pretty good game running the ball. It seemed like he was accelerating at the hole and running north to south.

Defense: The defense between the tackles was ok, the defense outside the box wasn't so good. The D-line play was spotty at times. The linebacking corps didn't seem to be too bad between the tackles but it seemed like they had trouble playing outside of that. The secondary, which seemed to be the big key, their pass coverage wasn't bad but their ability to come up, break down and make a tackle was unapparent. Overall, tackling wasn't good but it will come with time

I would write about special teams but I'm fixing to head back to GA.

This thread "Pulaski 62 Somerset 49" is exactly what I have posted about. The only times I believe I have strayed off thread is to defend our program from the bashing. If one would recall I did predict the Maroon victory, contrary to the 80% poll taken. I realize that is what brought the wrath of others against me. I did stick to my position through-out. As it turned out. my prediction did prevail. The poll was wrong. All posters were wrong except swforever, MaroonMadness, and ole Keemo. I apoligize if I over looked someone. Nevertheless, it is over. You Somerset posters have talked the talk, now it is time to walk...:walk: :walk: :walk:

I am confused, is Somerset a little ole single A school, or a school that has played football for 82 more years then anyone in the county. For those keeping record, Pulaski Co. is 3-2 in the Ray Correl bowl. 2-1 against Somerset on Somerset's field every year.

But they're only 6-12 against Somerset all-time.

I will never forget the look on Jumper faces when Pulaski beat them the first time, and it was on their field. It was like this is not possible. Then Pulaski beat them again the next year. Then the split which hurt both county schools for some time but now I think the county feeder programs are paying off!!

I will never forget the look on Jumper faces when Pulaski beat them the first time' date=' and it was on their field. It was like this is not possible. Then Pulaski beat them again the next year. Then the split which hurt both county schools for some time but now I think the county feeder programs are paying off!![/quote']

Yes, im glad that you mention that, I believe the three schools should play each other every year, its always a good game between the two who play and and the fans are always excited.