East Ridge 27 Phelps 0

nWo

East Ridge would get some nice blocking making a 11-yard run by number 15 look easy with 9:59 left in the opening quarter of football for both teams. Then the East Ridge quarterback using a nice fake made a nice run taking the ball down to the Hornets seventeen yard line with 8:30 left in a quick moving quarter. Number 12 for East Ridge made a nice run with 8:07 showing on the clock but he fumble the ball and saving the day for the Warriors was number 15, who recovered it at the Phelps one-yard line. A nine play fifty-five-yard drive came to a close for the Warriors when number 20 scored from a yard out. the point after was blocked keeping the score, 6-0.

With 11:43 left in the half number 20 for the Warriors returned a punt thirty-three-yards for a touchdown in large part due to poor tackling by the Hornets. Number 20 scored on a two-point conversion try making the score, 14-0 Warriors.

The East Ridge defense showed it wasn’t going to break at all got a big play from number 15 who sacked the Hornets quarterback for a big loss with 9:13 left in the half. Phelps defense who seemed to be a step behind for most of the night never stopped trying and with 8:48 left in the half that effort would be rewarded when number 3 pounced on a Warrior fumble. Phelps would get one final nice play before the half came to a close and that was a nice run by Dotson who got off a fourteen yard pick up.

Neither team could get anything going in the third as defense was the name of the game during this time. Dotson would cough up the ball and the Warrior defense was quick to pounce on it. For Phelps the defense got a sack by number 3.

The fourth quarter clock showed 10:32 left in the game when number 22 of the Warriors used a very nice stiff arm on his way to a forty-five-yard run. Then with 8:16 remaining number 22 broke about five weak tackle attempts to go fifteen yards for another Warrior score. A two-point conversion pass was tried but failed leaving the score 20-0, Warriors. The drive lasted 10 plays and went eighty one yards.

Number 20 for East Ridge got to the Hornet quarterback for a five yard loss with 6:14 left in the game. Then after the Warriors got the ball back number 21 picked up a good chunk of yards to move the chains with 5:39 left. Number 20 had his number called again with 5:11 left and this time he picked up thirteen-yards to move the chains one more time. 4:52 was left in the game when number 12 of the Warriors broke loose for a twenty-nine-yard touchdown run, the point after kicked increased the Warriors lead to 27-0.

The East Ridge defense came up big once again when number 15 tackled number 25 for a four-yard loss with 4:25 left in the game. With 3:36 left number 20 of the Warriors put number 20 on the turf for a short loss. The game ended with number 18 of the Warriors picking up about thirteen-yards on another nice run.

East Ridge will find out a lot more about themself next Friday when they go up against Grundy, Virginia. For Phelps it will not get any easier has they face Paintsville on Friday.

Sorry to the mod who combined the game report with this thread.Last year Guru allowed me to post the game reports as a thread and I was doing so again this season to make sure each game report was singled out for each game.I should have cleared this with him again to make sure it was not a problem. My bad.

All is well.Keep up the great work.
Thank you and like I said, your reports and analysis of the games, are outstanding and a tremendous read/benefit to the game.

I merged them into the score threads, so all fans can enjoy and comment on. If we have two open, then the conversation can get split or repetitive.

Keep doing what you're doing, but in the context of the thread score, so the members, guests and Mod's can enjoy. The hard work, effort and time is much appreciated....:thumb: