Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

cammando-Look me up, I looked for you at SW during the Russell scrimmage but couldn't find you. Its been a while.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... You would never know by your last couple posts. I guess I'll take your word for it:confused: Never the less, our corners are not as suspect as you suggest. I feel very confident in our senior corners Kodi Brooks and Logan Ellis. Again you point of view differs from mine. I have seen these guys for years and you make a determination based upon last nights scrimmage. I guess the proof is in the pudding...Suggesting our defense is inadequate also makes me chuckle. How many points did Wayne score last night? Against Russell, how many? Come on Jumper1...:thumb:

 

jumper1 has never been anything less than complimentary of SW in any of his posts. He's just giving you his honest opinion. He said that he was rooting for you guys as all of us are over here--perhaps you should take us at our word instead of trying to read too much into it....You did that once before if I'm not mistaken. The thing is Rock, although they are young, did not graduate 18 seniors and they are ranked in the top 3 of 4A and they deserve to get the nod in this game. Southwestern has the opportunity to prove everyone wrong--and we hope you do. However, the track record says that RC wins this game particularly since SW graduated 18 seniors. There is no disrespect here, just realism.

  • Author
jumper1 has never been anything less than complimentary of SW in any of his posts. He's just giving you his honest opinion. He said that he was rooting for you guys as all of us are over here--perhaps you should take us at our word instead of trying to read too much into it....You did that once before if I'm not mistaken. The thing is Rock, although they are young, did not graduate 18 seniors and they are ranked in the top 3 of 4A and they deserve to get the nod in this game. Southwestern has the opportunity to prove everyone wrong--and we hope you do. However, the track record says that RC wins this game particularly since SW graduated 18 seniors. There is no disrespect here, just realism.
... I have nothing but respect for Jumper1 and his opinion. I merely think he is wrong in his evaluation of SWHS. You and and he are both attesting to support of SWHS but yet have I read anything complimentary about this year's team. You know that alot of our Kids read BGP and it would be encouraging to read something positive instead of " I am with SWHS but here is why I think they will lose by 3 TDs." All based upon the assumption that because we graduated 18 seniors. Had you guys researched the issue a little farther you would have learned that Rockcastle also were hit hard by graduation. With all respect to Rock and it's Kids and fine coaching staff that the pre-season high ranking is based upon last years great success and the fact that RC is always tough. Instead of giving us the benefit of doubt as any true supporter would do, we are continuely talked down. Moral support is a big thing for Kids. I think the support that we receive from you guys is lip-service, IMHO...

You hit the nail on the head Keemo, I was on here daily in high school and anytime I read anything positive it just really makes you feel good. But to see the team across town who you are not even playing not have any faith in you it will bring you down. But I am not worried about the Warriors that line is going to give TT all day to sit back and pick rockcastle of one by one.

cammando-Look me up, I looked for you at SW during the Russell scrimmage but couldn't find you. Its been a while.

 

3Wishes, You and I have met very briefly before. But You didn't know I was Admiral. And we have a mutual friend in common in Mt Vernon.:thumb:

... I have nothing but respect for Jumper1 and his opinion. I merely think he is wrong in his evaluation of SWHS. You and and he are both attesting to support of SWHS but yet have I read anything complimentary about this year's team. You know that alot of our Kids read BGP and it would be encouraging to read something positive instead of " I am with SWHS but here is why I think they will lose by 3 TDs." All based upon the assumption that because we graduated 18 seniors. Had you guys researched the issue a little farther you would have learned that Rockcastle also were hit hard by graduation. With all respect to Rock and it's Kids and fine coaching staff that the pre-season high ranking is based upon last years great success and the fact that RC is always tough. Instead of giving us the benefit of doubt as any true supporter would do, we are continuely talked down. Moral support is a big thing for Kids. I think the support that we receive from you guys is lip-service, IMHO...

 

That's a big part of it, Rockcastle has shown the ability to "reload" each year much more successfully than SW. Also it isn't just the sportswriters, the Coaches Poll is out on the Herald Leader's website and they also have Rockcastle ranked 3rd in 4A. I also didn't pick SW to lose by 3 touchdowns, I have Rockcastle in a squeaker 14-7 and also said that I might view it differently if it were played later in the season. As far as giving support, what is worse: picking a team that lost 18 seniors to lose to the 3rd ranked team in 4A or picking a team that has won 21 games the past two seasons and returns a bunch of experienced players to lose to a young team that has won a total of 4 games the last two years? Talk about talking a team down. I really do hope SW wins the game but if you ask for an honest opinion of a game I'll give it--whether I feel like the game will go the way I want it to or not.

AJG, gotta love the SW fan base. You give a logical answer and still isn't enough. Clam down SW fans and let your play on the field speak for itself. I alway kinda liked being the underdog team with something to prove. Win or Lose it going to be a good one for everyone involved but remember fans and that includes all fans it's hard to win them all. Play hard and play with respect and in the end you'll be a winner. God really must love football to put such a passion in everyone about this sport. SW & The Rock you really couldn't get much better IMO not everyones I'm sure. It's going to a fun season.

LTW why don't you just change over to purple and gold?

  • Author

Easy swforever, it is all good.We know where our fan base lays and it does not include SHS. I know Long Time Warrior and he is a fan. Maybe thay Fla. sun has mellowed him somewhat but never-the-less he is the same loyal radical that his name implies. We wish he was still here to root us on...:thumb:ps. clam down is not a order we take lightly, you know that...

Maybe one of these days Keemo it will be different and others will see it like we do.

I'm still waiting for our Maroon faithful to join me in seeing the "upset" of the year. Somerset is a good team but lost alot in Deaton. It would have been nice to have him last year at PC. We took it on the chin over the last 2 years but having Chris Muse experienced this year will be the difference. Chris is good enough right now to pick Somerset apart. He has the receivers to do it and from what I heard Somerset hasn't sacked a quarterback for a long time. That will cost them. PC 20 Somerset 14. That's right!!! I'm the only one who sees it that way.

Sorry SW fans, I think you'll pull it off as well 15-14 on a 2 pt conversion in the last 3 minutes. It will be a HARD hitting game! TT on a keeper rolling right.

MM I am wondering where the PC faithful is as well usually high hopes has everyone tore up already and he has not said one word you need to do some recruiting.

MM love your confidense in your team. I do think PC has a lot of good young talent, but so does SHS the difference is our Freshmen and Sophomores are not counted on to carry the load. We have a great Senior class and a very dtrong Junior class. As far as picking the SHS D apart, well I don't know about that. I think Chris is a great kid and a very good QB, but I think the Jumpers have quite a few atheletes over on the D side of the ball. Muse will complete some passes, but I just don't see him "Picking Apart", the Jumper D they way you do.

 

How about the PC defense? Haven't heard a lot about it from the PC crowd. I think Stopping the Jumpers will be a little harder than they think it will be. Jumpers starters scored on two out of three series they played against a highly rated Breathitt squad this past Friday.

 

Heard that a bunch of the PC players were talking this weekend about how little respect they have for Somerset this year. I'm glad they are believing in themself, I just don't think it will go the way they think this Friday. Look for Jumpers to win a spirited game this weekend. Good Luck in the rest of your games.

Remember everyone that rockcastle lost it all last year. They will be a very young team. 5 seniors on the team. Will probably start 3 on offense and 4 on defense. SW should have the adantage on experience. Who will be the best conditioned team in the heat? Which team will play 100% the entire game? SW has no doubt the best athletes in this game. If it comes down to the wire, I pick the ROCK.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.