Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Somerset wins this one, Pulaski's year will be next year. I have been steadfast predicting a 42-13 win for Somerset. After hearing how both teams have competed in the two scrimmages I'm going to narrow the score to 42-21 Somerset.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After watching SW last night I will still give RC the edge. If SW can fix the corners then this could be a game. I'll stick with my prediction of RC by 3 td's.

 

 

:eek: :eek: :eek:

 

I love it! But don't give us that big of an ego :lol:

 

I will say Rockcastle by 8.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

 

I love it! But don't give us that big of an ego :lol:

 

I will say Rockcastle by 8.

 

I understand this is no time for egos..;) SW has the ability to be a very good team come district play. Great size on the line and a deep backfield with loads of talent. However, after watching them last night some of the inexperience shown, if not for costly turnovers by Wayne Co. the scrimmage would have been a toss up.

  • Author
After watching SW last night I will still give RC the edge. If SW can fix the corners then this could be a game. I'll stick with my prediction of RC by 3 td's.
...If you are basing your bold prediction on last nights scrimmage, you are in for a big surprise. Three TD underdog is laughable. Considering 2 of our defensive Varsity players did not dress last night and our QB was not 100%. Several other players less than 100% and Coach and his Staff are also pretty sly about what they show all the scouts during scrimmage. If you only knew. If you paid close attention you would have noticed there was no pressure to put out. Did you think we were going to show ALL against a team that had 4-6 varsity players out for various reasons. Coach A and Coach Thompson are not rookies in this game of football and maybe you are just wishful thinking...:D

The game will be very close.. SW didn't show much of their offense at the Wayne scrimmage. Just some deep goes and some veer.. Had a few guys out of position on defense but I think they will get that cleaned up this week in practice.. They WILL have to play better Fri. to beat Rock but I think they will pull it off... Go Warriors..

  • Author

You better narrow the score a little more than that. Don't you know that the hush-hush is for a reason... PC by a TD...:thumb:

Rockastle Co. 28-21, Somerset 34-20.

After checking out the scrimmage scores and reports from both teams I'm going to change my score some: Rockcastle 14, Southwestern 7. Southwestern didn't really light up the scoreboard against two lesser teams in Russell Co. and Wayne Co. but their defense didn't give up anything in either one. If you asked me to pick this one 3 weeks into the season I might go the other way but I think Rock squeaks by in the opening week.

Awww man merging these threads has me all messed up--I thought I'd have to post in both of them, otherwise I'd put it on the same response. Anyway, PC will be improved this season but they're very young and coming off a pair of 2-9 seasons. Somerset meanwhile graduated Ross Deaton (among others) but returns a lot of players that were signifigant contributors to a 21-7 record the past two seasons. They looked good in scrimmages against North Laurel and state ranked Breathitt Co. and I don't see them losing this one. Cole will be the best player on the field but he's far from a one man team. If Pulaski tries to single cover him, as good as a player as Winston Hines is they're in for a long day. If they pay too much attention to him, Coomer, Megargel and Hughes can catch the ball and if they get preoccupied with Somerset's passing game Kenny Hughes and Chad Shoemaker can move the ball on the ground. Somerset always brings their A game to these city/county clashes and won't be overlooking the Maroons. Cobb also has really owned Hines in this series. I think PC will move the ball with Muse at QB but their inexperience will be telling: Somerset 33, Pulaski 14.

...If you are basing your bold prediction on last nights scrimmage, you are in for a big surprise. Three TD underdog is laughable. Considering 2 of our defensive Varsity players did not dress last night and our QB was not 100%. Several other players less than 100% and Coach and his Staff are also pretty sly about what they show all the scouts during scrimmage. If you only knew. If you paid close attention you would have noticed there was no pressure to put out. Did you think we were going to show ALL against a team that had 4-6 varsity players out for various reasons. Coach A and Coach Thompson are not rookies in this game of football and maybe you are just wishful thinking...:D

 

My prediction isn't based on SW offense, but more on the defense. I truly understand that SW didn't open the offensive playbook up much. SW has really nice interior line play and nice LB's, but you can't deny that SW got beat on the corner every play that Wayne Co ran outside but one. Don't forget I'm pulling for you guys 110%, but I call them as I see them.

OK, Ms Admiral and I are planning on heading to the Ray Correll bowl or the Death Valley bowl in Stanford on Friday. I'm leaning towards heading to Somerset so I can fill up on some BBQ before gametime. Who all is going to the Ray Correll bowl?? Who's field will it be played on? I met up with Commando last year, so maybe I can meet a few more of the Jumpers,Warriors, or Maroon fans.
Come on down Ad, and bring that beautiful family of yours and we'll get the big table at Sonny's and get our game face on(or get a little BBQ sauce on our faces).......:D
OK, Ms Admiral and I are planning on heading to the Ray Correll bowl or the Death Valley bowl in Stanford on Friday. I'm leaning towards heading to Somerset so I can fill up on some BBQ before gametime. Who all is going to the Ray Correll bowl?? Who's field will it be played on? I met up with Commando last year, so maybe I can meet a few more of the Jumpers,Warriors, or Maroon fans.

It feels strange That Danville is not Playing in RCB this year let alone not Playing Somerset this year...:creepy:

SW 20 Rock 8 This young warrior team has all the ingredients to be a special team the first couple of weeks will tell. As for the Somerset PC game I will go with Somerset 28 PC 20 with Cole being the x factor in this game.

  • Author
My prediction isn't based on SW offense, but more on the defense. I truly understand that SW didn't open the offensive playbook up much. SW has really nice interior line play and nice LB's, but you can't deny that SW got beat on the corner every play that Wayne Co ran outside but one. Don't forget I'm pulling for you guys 110%, but I call them as I see them.
... You would never know by your last couple posts. I guess I'll take your word for it:confused: Never the less, our corners are not as suspect as you suggest. I feel very confident in our senior corners Kodi Brooks and Logan Ellis. Again you point of view differs from mine. I have seen these guys for years and you make a determination based upon last nights scrimmage. I guess the proof is in the pudding...Suggesting our defense is inadequate also makes me chuckle. How many points did Wayne score last night? Against Russell, how many? Come on Jumper1...:thumb:
  • Author

This thread was originated for discussion and comments on the Ray Correll Bowl. It appears to me that the majority of discussion has been directed towards SWHS. Thats all good but I would like to hear something more about Somerset, Puslaski Co., and Rockcastle Co. Ever the Somerset posters prefer to talk about SWHS. PC is non-existent except MM. Rockcastle seems to have one poster these days. I suggest all you other fans jump in and contribute or have you been told to :sssh: by your Coaches. WE SWHS posters take positions and we are regular contributors in our School's support on this forum. Come on out and play. It is time to get down!...:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.