Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

LTW why don't you just change over to purple and gold?

 

Be kind of hard with my sign on name. If your going to question everyone that doesn't believe your going to win every time then my friend you will have to quit your job and stay on here. I've been a member here for several years and was defending and repesenting Southwestern Football long before you. I'm a fan of football and an still a fan of all the local teams but obvious a Southwestern supporter. It's the passion for football that I love. Southwestern has that and so do their fans. When you have 500 to 600 people show up at an away scrimmage game and are questioning the ref's calls that's passion for the program. I hope the Warriors continue with their winning ways and if I do get a chance to see them play this season I wouldn't miss it. I'm trying right now to see if I can stay over an extra day in Louisville after my son's game on Thursday and drive down just to see the Warriors play. Your teams play on the field will speak louder than anything else. GO WARRIOS

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easy swforever, it is all good.We know where our fan base lays and it does not include SHS. I know Long Time Warrior and he is a fan. Maybe thay Fla. sun has mellowed him somewhat but never-the-less he is the same loyal radical that his name implies. We wish he was still here to root us on...:thumb:ps. clam down is not a order we take lightly, you know that...

 

You maybe right about the sun thing. Any ways keep the passion for football alive a Southwestern I know I did for several years and you know if I was still close I'd be there continuing.

  • Author
I'm still waiting for our Maroon faithful to join me in seeing the "upset" of the year. Somerset is a good team but lost alot in Deaton. It would have been nice to have him last year at PC. We took it on the chin over the last 2 years but having Chris Muse experienced this year will be the difference. Chris is good enough right now to pick Somerset apart. He has the receivers to do it and from what I heard Somerset hasn't sacked a quarterback for a long time. That will cost them. PC 20 Somerset 14. That's right!!! I'm the only one who sees it that way.
... Not the only one my friend. I threw my support to the Maroons weeks ago I have posts on here to verify. I picked PC and Coach Hines from the get-go. I also will be on the PC side of the field rooting as hard as I can for Chris, Winston, Ronnie, and the Maroons. Thanks for your support on here. Good luck MM and GO MAROONS...:thumb:
  • Author
Maybe one of these days Keemo it will be different and others will see it like we do.
... To see it as we do swforever is to see thru our eyes and walk in our shoes. We need to get together for the reasons we have already discussed...:thumb:
  • Author
Remember everyone that rockcastle lost it all last year. They will be a very young team. 5 seniors on the team. Will probably start 3 on offense and 4 on defense. SW should have the adantage on experience. Who will be the best conditioned team in the heat? Which team will play 100% the entire game? SW has no doubt the best athletes in this game. If it comes down to the wire, I pick the ROCK.
... Thanks freshstart for doing your homework. The critics fail to see what they do not look at...:thumb:
  • Author
You maybe right about the sun thing. Any ways keep the passion for football alive a Southwestern I know I did for several years and you know if I was still close I'd be there continuing.
...Hope to see you Long Time Warrior. Really miss your involvement. Saw and talked with your son at the fieldhouse this summer. I know you are a proud Dad. He is one my favorites and you and he both know it. I am proud of his accomlishments at Murray and truly glad to know him and the family...:thumb:

Let's get back to the discussion of the thread.

  • Author
You know why there is no love from across town "swforever". Thats okay...SWHS 32-Rockcastle 12...........Pulaski Co. 19-Somerset 14....
.. I wish to change my earlier prediction to SWHS 32- Rockcastle 12. as a result of Rock not having an experienced extra point kicker. Pulaski County 20...Somerset 12 as a result of the turmoil that has been going on has got the Kids' head out of the game and PC is highly motivated...

Somerset is lacking team speed to keep up with PC. Take Cole out of the picture, and they are very slow team. After seeing a slow N. Laurel team stay step for step with them and watching PC host a track meet with Garrad, thiswill be the difference. Cole is a great player, no doubt about it, but he can't be everywhere. He also seemed not to be interested in playing defense in that scrimmage, and don't give me he was saving it for the season, he is not that good. When you step on the field, you need to play - especially at a small school- whether it is on offense and defense. So to sum up my post, PC is faster than Somerset and that is what will lead PC to victory!

Oh yeah, in the first game,That is going to be an absolutely great game. Both teams are at the same place and it is difficult to see an advantage, so we will go with the hometown boys and say SW in a close one.

.. I wish to change my earlier prediction to SWHS 32- Rockcastle 12. as a result of Rock not having an experienced extra point kicker.

Was that SW starting kicker in the scimmages?

Somerset is lacking team speed to keep up with PC. Take Cole out of the picture, and they are very slow team. After seeing a slow N. Laurel team stay step for step with them and watching PC host a track meet with Garrad, thiswill be the difference. Cole is a great player, no doubt about it, but he can't be everywhere. He also seemed not to be interested in playing defense in that scrimmage, and don't give me he was saving it for the season, he is not that good. When you step on the field, you need to play - especially at a small school- whether it is on offense and defense. So to sum up my post, PC is faster than Somerset and that is what will lead PC to victory!

Somerset is not a "very" slow team, I would say there above average in that category even minus Cole. From what I heard with my own ears Saturday, I don't think that neither the coaching staff or players are giving Somerset much respect. One PC player in particular was talking about how bad Somerset looked in the North Laurel game film. I was at the NL scrimmage and Somerset looked just fine to me. When the chains came out Cobb opened the offense up and scored easily on there only two possessions. On defense Somerset looked equally impressive holding NL to 0 touchdowns. NL then went to goal line offense starting on the 10 and finally scored on there 8th play. Just curious, do you know why the scrimmage was closed Friday with Garrard Co.?

  • Author
Was that SW starting kicker in the scimmages?

We have 4 kickers that we will use depending upon the situation. Which facet of the kicking game are you referring to?...

.. Pulaski County 20...Somerset 12 as a result of the turmoil that has been going on has got the Kids' head out of the game and PC is highly motivated...

 

What turmoil are you talking about? I know several of the players and they haven't mentioned any problems to me. Keemo I would think that both teams are going to be highly motivated going into a rivalry game. I'm sure if PC and SW were playing you would agree that both teams would be equal in motivation to beat your cross town rival, as I'm sure that Somerset is equally motivated to beat PC.

  • Author
What turmoil are you talking about? I know several of the players and they haven't mentioned any problems to me. Keemo I would think that both teams are going to be highly motivated going into a rivalry game. I'm sure if PC and SW were playing you would agree that both teams would be equal in motivation to beat your cross town rival, as I'm sure that Somerset is equally motivated to beat PC.
... Jumper1, rather than rehash all the turmoil that has been going on there, I will respectlfully decline to answer your question. What I do also know for sure is that PC did visit the Reservation twice ending their season last year and they came to play. They were a young team. Even in loss to the Warriors they had no reason to get down. I think that they left the season holding their heads high as they did leave it all on the field. Now here a year later they have more maturity and I believe it will all show Friday night...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.