Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

No doubt that this is one of the best bowl games in our part of the state. Three great programs in Rockcastle, Somerset, and Southwestern. These three programs since 2000 have a combined record of 188-76 (RC 79-17, Somerset 59-27, and SW 50-32). Pulaski County has a 37-41 record since 2000 but are on the upswing with a strong nucleus of players returning and should have a good season.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the past, PCs one big thing has been their lack of discipline. Thats just my opinion from playing against them and knowing some of them. I think Somerset needs to open the game by spreading the field and throwing the ball. That will tell if PCs secondary can handle Somersets deep recieving corps. If they slow Cole down (doubtful) they will have to worry aobut all the others, if they play normal d, without doubling Cole, then look for the other recievers to have a big game.

Pulaski has had 2 down years and has something to prove. They are better than most people would think. The pressure is not on them because of previous low expectations and everyone thinking Somerset should run away with the game. This is a cross-town rival game and alot of pride at stake.

 

You're going to be surprised Jumpers.

What has Muse done to prove himself as an efficient QB and be able to make the plays that good QBs make? As far as PC goes, they have had a few down years lately, and expectations have been low for them but still I think the pressure is on them to win this game! Last time they played Somerset, we came out the second half and dominated. Their are some kids on that team that still remember that and will want revenge. It seems that all they care about is beating the City school and that they aren't worried about contending for a district title? Sure, Somerset likes to beat the county schools but as our recent history shows, we aren't all about that.

LOL...I was just saying. If I were not calm I would've used ALL CAPS. I did read the entire thread and saw the information was incomplete, so I will update it.

 

ALL TIME SERIES

 

Rockcastle County 7 Wins

Southwestern 3 Wins

 

Total Points:

Rockcastle County 217

Southwestern 130

 

Average Score:

Rockcastle County 22

Southwestern 13

 

SHUTOUTS:

Rock has shutout SW 5 times. BIG STAT Ouch!:eek:

 

SW has shutout Rock 1 time.

 

1993

Rock 37 SW 14

1994

SW 20 Rock 13

1995

Rock 29 SW 0

1996

Rock 20 SW 6

1997

Rock 20 SW 0

1998

Rock 28 SW 0

1999

SW 42 Rock 13

2000

Rock 43 SW 0

2003

Rock 14 SW 0

2004

SW 48 Rock 0

 

*I think that these scores are so similar it is scary, it is weird how one year it is even then not and how each year the score almost remains the same.

 

If I am not mistaken, that '94 victory for SWHS was at the Renfro Valley Bowl. Very exciting game. One of only 4 SW games I have missed since the beginning. Had knee surgery that day and the wife hid my crutches so I would not try to sneak over to the game. It is hard to believe that so many other contest have been blow outs.

 

I am sure this next game is going to be a dogfight. Serious contact and well coached on both sides. I am going to give the Warriors a slight edge. 27-25

 

I also believe the Somerset - PC will be better than some expect. I think PC is much improved but will they have an answer for the Jumpers high powered offense? Jumpers by 10

The Maroons haven't beaten the Jumpers in a while, but if the breaks go their way, anything can happen in a rivalry game.

3Wishes, you have officially ruined my plan to make SW look like the better team before the game, thanks, :lol: j/k

 

Seriously, thanks for clearing the HUGE misunderstanding up.

Rockcastle has not had a good track record versus SW.

 

OKAY! I was meaning recently because I remembered this stat:

 

1999

SW 42 Rock 13

2000

Rock 43 SW 0

2003

Rock 14 SW 0

2004

SW 48 Rock 0

 

 

That makes us 2-2 since I was in 5th grade. A little hard to remember before that, :lol: Notice I said they haven't had a GOOD track record. 2-2 is average, probably BAD in Rockcastle fans mind. I should have clarified that I meant since exactly 1999. :rolleyes::D

  • Author

Rockcastle County and SWHS have battled pretty even (wins) over the last 5 years. Rock decidedly having the upper hand before that. It took us 5-6 years to get our "feeder" program set-up. Now we have Kids getting to the high school level with football savvy. IMHO, I think that is why we are now playing fairly equal with the Rock. A good example of what I am saying will unfold tomorrow night at Southern Middle School where the 7th and 8th grade teams will scrimmage. Both teams having excellent 8th grade teams. We have our feeded schools and our Youth League all on the same page with our high school. I believe that is the key to success...:thumb:

Can't wait until all four teams square it up. I can hear the popping of the pads right now. Go Maroons!!

Rockcastle County and SWHS have battled pretty even (wins) over the last 5 years. Rock decidedly having the upper hand before that. It took us 5-6 years to get our "feeder" program set-up. Now we have Kids getting to the high school level with football savvy. IMHO, I think that is why we are now playing fairly equal with the Rock. A good example of what I am saying will unfold tomorrow night at Southern Middle School where the 7th and 8th grade teams will scrimmage. Both teams having excellent 8th grade teams. We have our feeded schools and our Youth League all on the same page with our high school. I believe that is the key to success...:thumb:

 

What time is the scrimmage? We scrimmaged Lincoln Co. last Saturday and looked pretty good considering the heat made practicing in pads impossible last week.

What time is the scrimmage? We scrimmaged Lincoln Co. last Saturday and looked pretty good considering the heat made practicing in pads impossible last week.

The scrimmage starts at 6:00 tomorrow night.

  • Author

I'll be there watching the good young Warriors playing the good young Rockets...

I'll be there also watching C. Trotter on Southern's team. Big fan of his! See Keemosabee give me some credit for supporting all local schools.

Jumper1 thats awesome I wish more people in this county had the mentality to support all local schools.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.