Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Southwestern vs Rockcastle County

Somerset vs Pulaski County

 

What are your predictions and comments?...

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

I was wondering if the newly sowed field will be ready...

I was wondering if the newly sowed field will be ready...

 

It didn't look good today but the person that did the work said it will be ready.

SW vs RC will be a very good game in my opinion. Give the win to SW - they looked good at the passing league games. SW by 14!

 

Somerset vs PC - I give the nod to Somerset - PC was down last year and I don't think they had much coming back. Plus - who is going to keep up with COLE??? - your answer = NO ONE! Somerset by 20!

Rockcastle has not had a good track record versus SW. If they lose a game that they should win, this will be the one. I never pick against Rock in the regular season so I take Rockcastle by 3.

 

Oh and.... Somerset wins the "other" game by 20

I look for the SW vs RC game to be very close and evenly matched and should be the best game of the night, although I'm pulling for you guys at SW, RC by 7.

 

Without PC pulling a rabbitt out of the hat (No pun intended), I don't see them hanging with Somerset this year. Somerset 42 PC 13

I was wondering if the newly sowed field will be ready...

 

I drove by the field today and thought that I saw lots of green coming up, not to thick in the middle yet but at least green. What a difference a few days can make, friday I didn't see much at all besides the same crab grass on the sides. Still interesting to see how the field plays out.

Not to repeat myself but just drove past the field again and yes I did see grass earlier. It appears to be coming up all over the field, interesting to see how quick it grows. I've heard that this particular bermuda grass will crop 18 inches a day when it gets in full swing.

Southwestern is not getting any love in here from our own county thats kind of tough. I say sw 25 rock 21 I believe people in the stands will feel some of the hits in this game; its always a slobber knocker.

  • Author
Southwestern is not getting any love in here from our own county thats kind of tough. I say sw 25 rock 21 I believe people in the stands will feel some of the hits in this game; its always a slobber knocker.

You know why there is no love from across town "swforever". Thats okay...SWHS 32-Rockcastle 12...........Pulaski Co. 19-Somerset 14....

You know why there is no love from across town "swforever". Thats okay...SWHS 32-Rockcastle 12...........Pulaski Co. 19-Somerset 14....

 

Jumper1 said he was rooting for you guys and I am too. However, I just don't think SW will be able to replace those 18 seniors this early in the season. Rock has a bunch of speed in the backfield, if this game were played in week 6 I might have a different prediction. Do you really think Pulaski can hold Somerset to 14 points? Not a chance.

You know why there is no love from across town "swforever". Thats okay...SWHS 32-Rockcastle 12...........Pulaski Co. 19-Somerset 14....

I would like to know why? I'm for you guys every game that you will ever play besides of course when you play Somerset. The fact is SW lost alot of talent in the 18 Seniors that graduated, I do look for you to re-load but I think it will take several weeks for this to develop. Dale scheduled one of the toughest schedules in the state, this will either make SW or break SW come playoff time. Good luck!

What I think.....

SW 19 RC 27

SHS 32 PC 10

 

What I would like......

SW 35 RC 0

SHS 60 PC 0

 

This is not an slam on SW either, I just think they lost a lot from last year and will take a while to come together. I also think PC may be better than expected, I am really looking forward to watching Chris Muse (so. QB) this year. I feel he will be a star by the time he leaves, and possibly the best Pulaski QB ever.

  • Author

I think the loss of Somerset's quarterback will have the same effect as you suggest the loss of SWHS seniors. I know everyone is under-playing his loss and his contribution to the great success of Cole. I think that you and others may be over-looking the ability of Coach Hines to get get his Team motivated to defend against one of the best receivers in the State. Again, if you would research Rockcastle you would find that they also are in a rebuilding year and they will be struggling to find their niche, same as SWHS. I think that "swforever" and I feel that all things being equal, that we just never have truly gotten the respect deserved from you SHS fans and given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to games such as the upcoming game...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.