Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

... Jumper1, rather than rehash all the turmoil that has been going on there, I will respectlfully decline to answer your question. What I do also know for sure is that PC did visit the Reservation twice ending their season last year and they came to play. They were a young team. Even in loss to the Warriors they had no reason to get down. I think that they left the season holding their heads high as they did leave it all on the field. Now here a year later they have more maturity and I believe it will all show Friday night...

Since you can't fill me in on any turmoil going on at Somerset, I will assume that there are none. I can't dispute that PC will show up to play. They have ever reason to be excited about this upcoming season. They seem have looked fairly well in both of the scrimmages, "running track meets" around powerhouse McCreary Central and Garrard Co. Pulaski will be vastly improved this year winning 5 games or so, next year is the year of the Maroons.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They seem have looked fairly well in both of the scrimmages, "running track meets" around powerhouse McCreary Central and Garrard Co.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is the forecast, calling for good weather for the Bowl?

Is the forecast, calling for good weather for the Bowl?

As of today I heard sunny and hot around 95-97 degrees. I hope that the hurricane down south can stay at bay a few more days.

Clear for now and very hot. 100 degree heat index possible at start of first game.

 

Just hope it doesn't rain friday as that would have a negative effect on the field IMO.

  • Author

If what I understand is true, rain would wipe out the field for the season if it did so on Friday. The games on a muddy new field would truly be devastating. I hear it is not ready to take the traffic wet or dry. I suppose we will find out Friday. I also understand that the field is so iffy that the offer was made Saturday to move it to SWHS , but was declined by AD Tucker. I hope it is ready though. The Ray Correll Bowl is Somerset. It would be a shame if it is not ready or had to be located to SWHS. Part of the turmoil I was referring to is the poor planning that went into the field... :D

It wasn't poor planning, it was some bad luck on several fronts. As far as the field goes there are a few thin spots but much of the field is in good shape. The middle of the field is by far the best part, which is good since that is where most of the action is. I agree that rain would be a bad deal. As far as moving to SWHS or to PC, that would be a great idea if either of you had big enough facilities to host this event. I did not say good enough, before you go postal. I said big enough, seating / parking are the only things holding back an event of this size at either county school. Both schools have very good facilities.

 

Seating Capacity listed on KSHAA website for the football stadiums.

 

Somerset 7,000

Pulaski 2,000

Southwestern 1,500

LTW i have also been around for a long time under a different name but we are both here for the same reason go warriors!!!!!

  • Author

Hey Jumper Dad, what was the bad luck if it was NOT poor planning...:thumb:

Drain got covered part of field flooded, kids broke in and played in the mud when field was first sewn, sprinkler head issue flooded on part of field instead of spreading the water out. Same company that did this field has sev3ral others they did at the same time that are in good shape and ready to go. Boyle County last year played nearly all year on the road due to field issues.

Oh well this will make people mad, but whatever. Last I checked Ray Correll went to Somerset High School. Its not poor planning the event is at SHS. Also have some fun and ask the other county schools if they have had a problem receiving a check from that game and had to do nothing but show-up. No cost for the lights cleaning up the field and so on. From what I know that has been the past three years that has been one of if not the best gate receipts that both SWHS and PCHS have received. Yes the field is not in the best shape grass wise it has ever been in. It is on the proper crown now and devoid of weird slopes and valleys. The field will be fine for this game. After Friday night that might be a different story, but we are not there yet.

You hit the nail on the head Keemo, I was on here daily in high school and anytime I read anything positive it just really makes you feel good. But to see the team across town who you are not even playing not have any faith in you it will bring you down. But I am not worried about the Warriors that line is going to give TT all day to sit back and pick rockcastle of one by one.

 

I love the confidence, seriously.

Be kind of hard with my sign on name. If your going to question everyone that doesn't believe your going to win every time then my friend you will have to quit your job and stay on here. I've been a member here for several years and was defending and repesenting Southwestern Football long before you. I'm a fan of football and an still a fan of all the local teams but obvious a Southwestern supporter. It's the passion for football that I love. Southwestern has that and so do their fans. When you have 500 to 600 people show up at an away scrimmage game and are questioning the ref's calls that's passion for the program. I hope the Warriors continue with their winning ways and if I do get a chance to see them play this season I wouldn't miss it. I'm trying right now to see if I can stay over an extra day in Louisville after my son's game on Thursday and drive down just to see the Warriors play. Your teams play on the field will speak louder than anything else. GO WARRIOS

 

 

Trying to stay away from this thread but people questioning LTW and his love SW brought me to it.

I don’t think anyone can question what colors LTW bleeds. He is Blue and Orange in good and bad I can promise you that.

How is FL treating you buddy? How is Matt… etc..??

 

EDIT: No disrespect to Kemo or Swforever......but If the players are getting down (taking things personal) b/c of what people say on here their head isn't where it should be in the first place. Of course just my opinion.

rockcastleraider, I hope the rock is just as confident; I am looking forward to the one thing these two teams are known for hard hitting! Also after hearing some talk from some people over at pc I would like to change my score to pc 21 somerset 17.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.