Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

... With your credentials, you should be afforded a spot on the sideline. Have a safe trip home...:thumb:

 

Yeah thats true but on my last visit I got kicked off the practice field by Coach, so I'm liable to get arrested if I dare take a step on the sideline.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Yeah thats true but on my last visit I got kicked off the practice field by Coach, so I'm liable to get arrested if I dare take a step on the sideline.
... My bad SomersetFootball, I thought you were someone else. I know now I was mistaken. But still have a nice and safe ride home. Too bad about the incident...

Hopefully it was all in fun when you got kicked off the practice field because thats not a good way to treat the alumni.

  • Author
Hopefully it was all in fun when you got kicked off the practice field because thats not a good way to treat the alumni.
...Hey swforever, I know we all will have our heads into the game, but do not forget about Louisville Central. It has took a long time, my bad...

I will be there I got into work last week and didn't make it to the scrimmage. I know where I can find you lol. You are the man! Rockcastle faithful I know you are normally known for your o and d line how did they look in your pre season?

That is what Bob Tucker and I talked about today and I think that is what is going to happen with game times.

Coach told the boys that it would be pushed back tonight at practice but I don't know exact starting times, I think SW / Rock will start at 7:00 with Jumpers and maroons going off around 9:30. At least that is my guess based on what my son said.

Yeah I thought they did a good job with that there at Breathitt. Its a problem for us. Even though we are going to end up with at least 3 new speakers I know when I was there today they will proably be specked out to be pa speakers rather than a outdoor stereo speaker set. The pa sets just don't have the range in them to play music very well. If they opted to get a stereo set for there our issue is since all the speakers are on our side of the field those units are very hard to hear on the far side of the field unless you crank them to high heavens. One may say so what, but there we are. I think what I got today was just replacements for the stuff that is there which is better than nothing. I think with some future plannig as they replace like the the lights next year the school should looking to a wireless speaker set to put on the far side and then you could get the outdoor type speakers for both side and that would be nice however not this season. Also the other reason can't leave that out. A current fan who comes to the games not all, but most didn't like the the choice of music played and flexed his influence to have little to none played. Sad to me that one person can take away from everybody else who is there, but that's a fact. I will say that over the past 2 seasons nobody had said the choice of stuff we play in the box has been bad, just that it doen't sound great and that the speakers. I hope the replacements do have a better range to them sound wise. From my standpoint and the announcer its hard to remember much about music there at least over the past couple of years been so much going on up there that we forget and are getting ready for the second game, but this year maybe different we'll try and get some stuff played because I agree with you it adds and its fun.

 

Fields painted....whew it's hot.

Rain earlier did nothing but help the field.

It's looking better each day.

 

Elwhit, is there going to be some music or other entertainment on the PA or just normal announcing? I thought Breathitt had a nice balance of decent music that wasn't too loud between games, are we looking to do this as well?

  • Author

It is my humble opinion that music will not be an issue to the many fans that will be attending the Ray Correll Bowl. The excitement that will fill the air is going to be more than enough. The Box announcers will need the PA at top quality and availibility to present the many announcements that will be made to inform and control the croud of fans. Statman(Bruce) and Bellou will do a great job. I know all Somerset people will be engrossed in the 2nd game, but please don't forget the 2 quality teams we have going at it in the 1st game. I would like to inform all concerned people that SWHS stands ready to offer any assistance needed from us to help the Somerset personel in the administration of the Bowl concerning issues that may arise concerning us or any other issue. Out adult supervision on the sideline have the capability of relaying or collecting needed info and/or data without the constant interruption of our Head Coaches and Staff. Feel free to contact us if needed...:thumb:

The start of the first game has been pushed back to 7 per Bob Tucker.

Those would have to be some really loud speakers, unless some were installed on the visitor sideline because William Clark field is very wide.

Actually Bruce and John haven't done the game PA work for the past two years and I think they did a great job. I think that Jonathan Absher and myself do a pretty good job better last year than since we have a year of doing it and now with two I'm not worried about what has to be done in the announcing area.

It is my humble opinion that music will not be an issue to the many fans that will be attending the Ray Correll Bowl. The excitement that will fill the air is going to be more than enough. The Box announcers will need the PA at top quality and availibility to present the many announcements that will be made to inform and control the croud of fans. Statman(Bruce) and Bellou will do a great job. I know all Somerset people will be engrossed in the 2nd game, but please don't forget the 2 quality teams we have going at it in the 1st game. I would like to inform all concerned people that SWHS stands ready to offer any assistance needed from us to help the Somerset personel in the administration of the Bowl concerning issues that may arise concerning us or any other issue. Out adult supervision on the sideline have the capability of relaying or collecting needed info and/or data without the constant interruption of our Head Coaches and Staff. Feel free to contact us if needed...:thumb:

Yeah you're not kidding. I will guess we will end up with the same setup as before just new speakers and that will work.

 

Those would have to be some really loud speakers, unless some were installed on the visitor sideline because William Clark field is very wide.

Were they painting the field goals today? I noticed they had the tall ladders out today on them.

You are correct Jumper1 they were repainting the goal posts today.

Were they painting the field goals today? I noticed they had the tall ladders out today on them.

elwhit95, did the new pa speakers come in today? Do they sound any better than the vintage speakers we have now?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.