Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Actually Bruce and John haven't done the game PA work for the past two years and I think they did a great job. I think that Jonathan Absher and myself do a pretty good job better last year than since we have a year of doing it and now with two I'm not worried about what has to be done in the announcing area.
... Not being a jumper I did not realize that they had left. They did do a good job. I thought I heard them both last year, at least part of the time during last years Ray Correll Bowl. But if you say no I guess you would know. All you Jumpers sound alike to me...:lol: ...Nevertheless you guys do a good job too. All we want is a good called game. As stated, if you all need any help from us, do not hesitate...We're the new school across town in Pulaski County. SWHS...:thumb:
  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Apologys for double posting but I failed to ask if any one knew the admission costs for this years Ray Correll Bowl... :dancingpa

Apologys for double posting but I failed to ask if any one knew the admission costs for this years Ray Correll Bowl...

Hold on to your hat because I've heard $10.00 per person.

  • Author
Hold on to your hat because I've heard $10.00 per person.
... What about students and little Kids?...:scared: ...:sssh:

Talking about speakers, announcers, yada, yada, yada...let's talk football. Who will be the players (MVP) of their respective games? Who will be the surprises? What bad & good moves will the coaches make? I know that Rock is less known around Pulaski County but let's hear it folks!!!! Less than 21 hours away. :dancingpa :banana: :banana: :thumb:

... What about students and little Kids?...:scared: ...:sssh:

I'm pretty sure student prices are still $10.00, not for sure on the young ones.

  • Author
Talking about speakers, announcers, yada, yada, yada...let's talk football. Who will be the players (MVP) of their respective games? Who will be the surprises? What bad & good moves will the coaches make? I know that Rock is less known around Pulaski County but let's hear it folks!!!! Less than 21 hours away. :dancingpa :banana: :banana: :thumb:
...

With all the secrecy shrouding the Somerset/Pulaski game, who knows. The SWHS/Rockcastle game will be the game to watch. Coach Larkey and his Rockets are not used to losing. Coach A has reloaded once again after losing 18 seniors. Look for a hard hitting, smash mouth football game. It will be what high school football is all about. I truly believe that after the first game, the fans will be shock and awed by the Southwestern Warriors... :flame:

...

With all the secrecy shrouding the Somerset/Pulaski game, who knows. The SWHS/Rockcastle game will be the game to watch. Coach Larkey and his Rockets are not used to losing. Coach A has reloaded once again after losing 18 seniors. Look for a hard hitting, smash mouth football game. It will be what high school football is all about. I truly believe that after the first game, the fans will be shock and awed by the Southwestern Warriors... :flame:

 

Easy there Keemo, you've got to show the Jumpers some respect. You talk about reloading--Somerset may not have as many students as SW but you're talking about a Two Time Defending Regional Champion (something that neither team in the first game can claim and neither Pulaski County school has ever won even 1 regional title) that has won 21 games over the last 2 years and is ranked in the top 5-7 (depending on the poll) in their class this year playing a cross town grudge match against a Pulaski team that is trying to announce their presence (and that you picked to win). So the first game may be the game to watch if you're a Warrior or Rocket but the 2nd game is just a big a game and will feature the best player on the field at the Correll Bowl in Jon Cole.

Easy there Keemo, you've got to show the Jumpers some respect. You talk about reloading--Somerset may not have as many students as SW but you're talking about a Two Time Defending Regional Champion (something that neither team in the first game can claim and neither Pulaski County school has ever won even 1 regional title) that has won 21 games over the last 2 years and is ranked in the top 5-7 (depending on the poll) in their class this year playing a cross town grudge match against a Pulaski team that is trying to announce their presence (and that you picked to win). So the first game may be the game to watch if you're a Warrior or Rocket but the 2nd game is just a big a game and will feature the best player on the field at the Correll Bowl in Jon Cole.

 

Do you REALLY want me to get 3Wishes to post Rockcastle's success on here?

 

Somerset is a GREAT team, but come on:confused:

Do you REALLY want me to get 3Wishes to post Rockcastle's success on here?

 

Somerset is a GREAT team, but come on:confused:

 

I'm talking about Somerset has won back to back Regional Titles. Neither SW nor Rock has done that the last 2 years. As for All-Time success I think we've got the other 3 teams covered there too. :thumb: Not to take anything away from Rock or SW but the home team in the nightcap deserves some respect too. The assumption shouldn't be made that the first game will be the best when actually the history of the series suggests that it will be a blowout--whoever wins. Not many close games in the 10 that SW-Rock have played.

  • Author
Easy there Keemo, you've got to show the Jumpers some respect. You talk about reloading--Somerset may not have as many students as SW but you're talking about a Two Time Defending Regional Champion (something that neither team in the first game can claim and neither Pulaski County school has ever won even 1 regional title) that has won 21 games over the last 2 years and is ranked in the top 5-7 (depending on the poll) in their class this year playing a cross town grudge match against a Pulaski team that is trying to announce their presence (and that you picked to win). So the first game may be the game to watch if you're a Warrior or Rocket but the 2nd game is just a big a game and will feature the best player on the field at the Correll Bowl in Jon Cole.
...

No disrespect intended there, If I was throwing out disrespect then I would bring up last year's Ray Correll Bowl, SWHS / SHS. But that is all in the past. We have forgotten about that rivalry game, haven't we? Actually we are looking forward to next years game. If I remember, you guys had a great QB that delivered those tosses to the great Jon Cole then. Still I do not want to open up old hurting wounds. Somerset should kick PC all over the field if they are the same team they were last year. I do expect PC to be a much improved team and Somerset not to be as good. No disrespect to either team...We also have some athletes that could possibly be MVPs also, and possibly the best players on the field tomorrow night...

...

No disrespect intended there, If I was throwing out disrespect then I would bring up last year's Ray Correll Bowl, SWHS / SHS. But that is all in the past. We have forgotten about that rivalry game, haven't we? Actually we are looking forward to next years game. If I remember, you guys had a great QB that delivered those tosses to the great Jon Cole then. Still I do not want to open up old hurting wounds. Somerset should kick PC all over the field if they are the same team they were last year. I do expect PC to be a much improved team and Somerset not to be as good. No disrespect to either team...

 

No old wounds there. SW won a hard fought game last year. Although truthfully, Somerset should not be able to beat SW more than once out of every 4-5 times with SW's size advantage and all those D-I athletes they've produced over the last 10 years but the series is 5-5 (and 3-2 in favor of Cobb since he's been there) so we'll make no excuses or apologies. The thing is EVERY time that Somerset has taken the field against either one of the County schools they've had much less to chose from in the athlete area but we've done allright--17-10 against the bigger schools in our history. Before you want to put all our success last year and our hope this year on Deaton's capable arm you should remember that Chase Hall is the one throwing the ball this year and he was good enough to split time with Deaton his sophmore year and with Cole at receiver and Kenny Hughes in the backfield (I really feel like he'll be the heart and soul of the team this year) he doesn't have to do it by himself. You were just making the assumption that SW/Rock would be the game of the night and history does not bode well for it being a tightly contested game. Did you see 3Wishes scores of the previous games?

No not as of yet when I was there this afternoon at around 3 no new speakers where there yet. Nobody know is if the guys who were coming to look and speck out the new stuff had been there or not. I talked to Bob about that and I'llr remind him in the morning as to what is due there and when.

elwhit95, did the new pa speakers come in today? Do they sound any better than the vintage speakers we have now?

You proably heard them on the radio. They moved there from the PA side a couple of years ago when we moved in.

... Not being a jumper I did not realize that they had left. They did do a good job. I thought I heard them both last year, at least part of the time during last years Ray Correll Bowl. But if you say no I guess you would know. All you Jumpers sound alike to me...:lol: ...Nevertheless you guys do a good job too. All we want is a good called game. As stated, if you all need any help from us, do not hesitate...We're the new school across town in Pulaski County. SWHS...:thumb:
  • Author
Do you REALLY want me to get 3Wishes to post Rockcastle's success on here?

 

Somerset is a GREAT team, but come on:confused:

...Sic em boy... Rockcastle County is a perennial powerhouse with far better credentials than Somerset. Rock's successes are against other powerhouses of a higher class. Repeatedly Rockcastle ranks right up there against anybody. Bring out those school records and big State wins Rockcastleraiders and show these Somerset posters what a real lenghty successful program you all have gotten over there...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.