Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

"I see" said the blind man. Garrard and Casey are ALOT closer than Danville and Jackson is ALOT closer than Corbin. (NOT). Somehow I still feel that there is more too it...:confused:

 

I think you're misunderstanding Keemo. Hardball was talking about the class as a whole--not their district. If Somerset had stayed in 2A they would have been placed in a district with: Corbin, Middlesboro, Leslie Co. and Knott Co. Central. Instead they are playing up and are in a district with Taylor Co, Garrard Co, Wayne Co, Jackson Co and Casey Co. Corbin would have been the shortest drive in the other district and it is longer than all but the Taylor Co and Jackson Co trip in the 3A district, plus the new district has one for team in it than the 2A district so that helps with scheduling. I wouldn't have minded seeing Somerset in the district with Corbin and Middlesboro like it was when I played but I can see why they went where they did. They are still playing Corbin so the fans don't miss out on that game and that would have been the marquee matchup in the 2A district anyway.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Rog-o there AveragejoesGym...:dancingpa

I'd rather drive to Jackson and Casey Co. than Knott Co. and Leslie Co.

 

.......And yet, you will drive to Cawood! :sssh:

.......And yet, you will drive to Cawood! :sssh:

 

That's a one year deal--Cawood won't even be a school after this season. The other district would have been every year.

I agree with you Average Joes, Somerset should have been in the Corbin Middlesboro district and class. I think that would make for a great district. I am still not and will not buy the excuse of travel. Where are Somerset's other non district games?

I agree with you Average Joes, Somerset should have been in the Corbin Middlesboro district and class. I think that would make for a great district. I am still not and will not buy the excuse of travel. Where are Somerset's other non district games?

 

Pulaski @ Somerset

Metcalfe Co. @ Metcalfe Co.

Russell Co. @ Russell Co.

Corbin @ Somerset

Cawood @ Cawood

I agree with you Average Joes, Somerset should have been in the Corbin Middlesboro district and class. I think that would make for a great district. I am still not and will not buy the excuse of travel. Where are Somerset's other non district games?

 

:thumb:

...

No disrespect intended there, If I was throwing out disrespect then I would bring up last year's Ray Correll Bowl, SWHS / SHS. But that is all in the past. We have forgotten about that rivalry game, haven't we? Actually we are looking forward to next years game. If I remember, you guys had a great QB that delivered those tosses to the great Jon Cole then. Still I do not want to open up old hurting wounds. Somerset should kick PC all over the field if they are the same team they were last year. I do expect PC to be a much improved team and Somerset not to be as good. No disrespect to either team...We also have some athletes that could possibly be MVPs also, and possibly the best players on the field tomorrow night...

 

Ok sure you all won the game last year but only by 7 points! Quite frankly we should've beaten you all! However, since SW did win but only by 7, I see that as a dissapointment for you all being as you all had all those "athletes" last year and about 60 more kids than we do, shouldn't you all have blown the poor little city school out of the water? Lets talk about success now! Congrats you all won a District Championship! Lets see, when was the last one you all won one within the last realignment? Now For us, Over the past 4 years Somerset went 21-3 with 3 district championships and 2 regional championships! I prefer to look at overall success than one little game that only means bragging rights and a cool little trophy that says Ray Correll Bowl champion! Thats just a city trophy, we've got the state ones!

Don't forger Mercer co. Average Joes. Oh ooops, I forgot you guys messed them out of that game.

I get so frustrated with the comments like, "We just have 30-40 kids dress. You all have like 60. If you can't beat a little (insert whatever class SHS is playing that year), you should be ashamed." Or something like that.

 

Fellas, it's still 11 v. 11. No matter how you look at it.

 

And speaking of traveling distances, Somerset didn't think twice before going to the Mountain district a couple of years ago (for "better" restaurants, I think was part of the justification). So why the woes now? People just skirt around the issues, no matter what school they are from. Just play the game.

 

Somerset SHOULD have a better tradition, more trophies, etc. than BOTH Southwestern and Pulaski, as they have played football more years than those two schools combined! Jumpers, give them a chance to catch up.

 

And overall success shouldn't be measured in trophies and state championship appearances. Don't get me wrong, what kid or coach wouldn't want to play on the carpet. But in the past 12-13 years, how many kids has Somerset (or Pulaski) (heck, combine them if you want!) sent to the next level to continue their education and oh yeah, to play football? Just wondering. Because to me, that should be part of the overall success of your team. Not just wins and losses.

 

Looking forward to tonight. It's going to be hot, but it's going to be fun!!

 

See you later Kemo and Bucknut!!

  • Author
Ok sure you all won the game last year but only by 7 points! Quite frankly we should've beaten you all! However, since SW did win but only by 7, I see that as a dissapointment for you all being as you all had all those "athletes" last year and about 60 more kids than we do, shouldn't you all have blown the poor little city school out of the water? Lets talk about success now! Congrats you all won a District Championship! Lets see, when was the last one you all won one within the last realignment? Now For us, Over the past 4 years Somerset went 21-3 with 3 district championships and 2 regional championships! I prefer to look at overall success than one little game that only means bragging rights and a cool little trophy that says Ray Correll Bowl champion! Thats just a city trophy, we've got the state ones!
... The trophys that we produce are quality athletes whom go on to the next level. We are more proud of our overall results. Last year alone we have 6 graduates whom are now practicing at the college level. 2 more who had offers but chose to study only.(Mike JonesQB and Dustin Brumley All State lineman). We produce those kind of stats year after year. That is what we as a school hold most valueable. As far as the inter-county games go, anything goes when Pulaski County Kids meet. You can only put 11 on the field at a time. I am getting a little tired of the same ole little school spin. Have you guys got some sort of "little" complex. Grow up and play some big teams is what I suggest. Get you Kids scholarships. Produce the quality student/athlete, not the ones that get banned from the practice field, but ones that come back year after year to help and support...

I agree with that 100% Warrior Princess.

I get so frustrated with the comments like, "We just have 30-40 kids dress. You all have like 60. If you can't beat a little (insert whatever class SHS is playing that year), you should be ashamed." Or something like that.

 

Fellas, it's still 11 v. 11. No matter how you look at it.

 

And speaking of traveling distances, Somerset didn't think twice before going to the Mountain district a couple of years ago (for "better" restaurants, I think was part of the justification). So why the woes now? People just skirt around the issues, no matter what school they are from. Just play the game.

 

Somerset SHOULD have a better tradition, more trophies, etc. than BOTH Southwestern and Pulaski, as they have played football more years than those two schools combined! Jumpers, give them a chance to catch up.

 

And overall success shouldn't be measured in trophies and state championship appearances. Don't get me wrong, what kid or coach wouldn't want to play on the carpet. But in the past 12-13 years, how many kids has Somerset (or Pulaski) (heck, combine them if you want!) sent to the next level to continue their education and oh yeah, to play football? Just wondering. Because to me, that should be part of the overall success of your team. Not just wins and losses.

 

Looking forward to tonight. It's going to be hot, but it's going to be fun!!

 

See you later Kemo and Bucknut!!

 

 

I do agree WP.

Don't know about you, but I've been waiting a long time for this!

  • Author
I thought today would never get here!!
...

6 hours and counting. See all of you great fans on the field. I too am excited about the possibilities...:dancingpa

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.