Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's Ray Correll Bowl...

Pick the winner of each bowl game 76 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick the winner of each bowl game

    • Somerset
      38%
      29
    • Pulaski County
      10%
      8
    • WHO WINS THE SECOND GAME?
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      21%
      16
    • Rockcastle County
      30%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

...Sic em boy... Rockcastle County is a perennial powerhouse with far better credentials than Somerset. Rock's successes are against other powerhouses of a higher class. Repeatedly Rockcastle ranks right up there against anybody. Bring out those school records and big State wins Rockcastleraiders and show these Somerset posters what a real lenghty successful program you all have gotten over there...

 

Somerset and Rockcastle were actually in the same class for the majority of their existence so that argument goes right out the window. If you want to talk about the last 15 years then Rock has earned the edge. Go anywhere beyond that and it isn't close. 3Wishes will back that up. That's no disrespect to Rock. I merely stated that Somerset has earned their respect too. Something that you seem to be unable to give them--instead you want to bring up last years game between SW and SHS. If you want respect you have to give respect when it is earned and Somerset should have earned that from the County schools by now. I know that I, and the Somerset Fans respect SW and Rock but you've should be able to take those blue and orange glasses off and return it when it is due. After all, you talk about Rock being a bigger school so shouldn't SW almost always mop up the floor with SHS since they're so much bigger? Like I said I think we've earned our respect.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
No old wounds there. SW won a hard fought game last year. Although truthfully, Somerset should not be able to beat SW more than once out of every 4-5 times with SW's size advantage and all those D-I athletes they've produced over the last 10 years but the series is 5-5 (and 3-2 in favor of Cobb since he's been there) so we'll make no excuses or apologies. The thing is EVERY time that Somerset has taken the field against either one of the County schools they've had much less to chose from in the athlete area but we've done allright--17-10 against the bigger schools in our history. Before you want to put all our success last year and our hope this year on Deaton's capable arm you should remember that Chase Hall is the one throwing the ball this year and he was good enough to split time with Deaton his sophmore year and with Cole at receiver and Kenny Hughes in the backfield (I really feel like he'll be the heart and soul of the team this year) he doesn't have to do it by himself. You were just making the assumption that SW/Rock would be the game of the night and history does not bode well for it being a tightly contested game. Did you see 3Wishes scores of the previous games?
...You know that when our Kids go at it here in Pulaski County that it is always "Katie, bar the door" It has always been that way most of the time irregardless of school size or records. These Kids all know one another and they play twice as hard. I love it, and wish we had another Pulaski team in the mix. Maybe, soon enough...Also I did see the scores, but better yet I have lived thru those games, and at all levels for 12 years...
...You know that when our Kids go at it here in Pulaski County that it is always "Katie, bar the door" It has always been that way most of the time irregardless of school size or records. These Kids all know one another and they play twice as hard. I love it, and wish we had another Pulaski team in the mix. Maybe, soon enough...

 

A third county school? Or do you think Somerset Christian will be fielding a team in the near future?

We could either have our own local bowl or have a two night event with every local team playing an out of county team and then a home and home with the others--that would be cool.

  • Author
A third county school? Or do you think Somerset Christian will be fielding a team in the near future?

We could either have our own local bowl or have a two night event with every local team playing an out of county team and then a home and home with the others--that would be cool.

... The sky is the limit. At the rate our population is growing. I would like to see a Bowl whereas we all played different opponents. When we go at it, it is much like the Civil War. I would really like to see our communitys together rather than pitting brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor. To me that would be the ultimate Somerset /Pulaski County scenerio...

Your exactly right Keemo. A three game bowl with all three local schools playing a visitor would be the best. Then we could all root for our local teams to win every game. My opinion( which isn't worth a penny) Somerset would get more respect from the county if they had not previously played in one of the weakest districts in the state and then dodge a tough AA district so they could beat up on jackson and Casey co. Somerset is the only high school in the state who chose to play up in class. Why is that?

Didn't Rock play against Boyle on the Carpet like 2-3 years ago?

Somerset is the only high school in the state who chose to play up in class. Why is that?

 

That is incorrect, a few more teams have moved up in class. Two that come to mind are Russellville-Class A to Class AAA, and Highlands -Class AAA to Class AAAAA.

Yeah they did, and if I am not mistaken it was 2 years in a row.

  • Author
That is incorrect, a few more teams have moved up in class. Two that come to mind are Russellville-Class A to Class AAA, and Highlands -Class AAA to Class AAAAA.
... Am I missing something here? How did Somerset CHOOSE to play up? As far as moving up goes, didn't SWHS and PC move up from 3-A to 5-A? Not by choice. So how did Somerset CHOOSE to move up?...and why would you do that?...
... Am I missing something here? How did Somerset CHOOSE to play up? As far as moving up goes, didn't SWHS and PC move up from 3-A to 5-A? Not by choice. So how did Somerset CHOOSE to move up?...and why would you do that?...

Well, I would move up so that I could stay away from Danville and Corbin, and instead play Jackson, Garrard, Wayne, and Casey.

 

The official answer is that it would save travel time, but I would just as soon travel to the moon before going to Jackson or Casey County.

^

And before anyone loses their minds about my above post, I commend Somerset for playing up. Schools should give their kids the best chance to succeed, and Somerset has done that.

Well, I would move up so that I could stay away from Danville and Corbin, and instead play Jackson, Garrard, Wayne, and Casey.

 

The official answer is that it would save travel time, but I would just as soon travel to the moon before going to Jackson or Casey County.

 

I'd rather drive to Jackson and Casey Co. than Knott Co. and Leslie Co. As for staying away from Danville and Corbin the Jumpers play Corbin this year so that's kind of a hollow argument. When they get to the playoffs if they can advance past the district they would have to play some combination of (probably) Breathitt Co, Russell, Belfrey and Paducah Tilghman so it isn't like the class is any easier.

I'd rather drive to Jackson and Casey Co. than Knott Co. and Leslie Co. As for staying away from Danville and Corbin the Jumpers play Corbin this year so that's kind of a hollow argument. When they get to the playoffs if they can advance past the district they would have to play some combination of (probably) Breathitt Co, Russell, Belfrey and Paducah Tilghman so it isn't like the class is any easier.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me that Somerset plays up, and I'm certainly not that familiar with the travel logistics. I'm just saying that if I had the choice Somerset had, it would have been the same.

  • Author

"I see" said the blind man. Garrard and Casey are ALOT closer than Danville and Jackson is ALOT closer than Corbin. (NOT). Somehow I still feel that there is more too it...:confused:

  • Author
I'd rather drive to Jackson and Casey Co. than Knott Co. and Leslie Co. As for staying away from Danville and Corbin the Jumpers play Corbin this year so that's kind of a hollow argument. When they get to the playoffs if they can advance past the district they would have to play some combination of (probably) Breathitt Co, Russell, Belfrey and Paducah Tilghman so it isn't like the class is any easier.
... I stand patially corrected...:thumb:
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.