Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dakota Euton = Adam Williams

Featured Replies

You could be right when you qualify it. Again, my point is that we cannot disparage a smaller less reputable site simply because of lack of recognition.

I was only pointing out that ranking the 2010 class is pointless. There hasn't been enough evaluation time to make a valid ranking...

  • Replies 96
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a reason the two main recruiting services have not released 2010 rankings...

 

GT come on now, you know these other guys no just as much lol. I think I saw you ranked like 17'th, I was in @ #14.;)

Maybe he will grow 5 inches by the time he gets to college. I believe I read Larry Bird went from 6'1" to 6' 9" in high school. I know personally I went from 5'2" to 5'7" in high school so it is possible.

Um. Good for you. As far as I'm concerned the 2010 class is not yet ranked. When it is, I'm sure Euton will be in there. Just not sure where...

 

 

YoungJ and Jerry Both said that he should be Top 50, I'll have to find the link, Jerry compared him to Luke Walton, just not as athletic, but he still has 3 years to get better, And I'll take their word over GT and anyone on this site.

With the content of this thread, I am just curious on how this fits into Billy G's stated intention to fill the Wildcats roster with 13 McD's AA's.

With the content of this thread, I am just curious on how this fits into Billy G's stated intention to fill the Wildcats roster with 13 McD's AA's.

 

I believe that Billy G was likely being a bit flippant when he made that statement, however, if you put any credence into the rankings of Hoopsreport.com than it would be logical to assume that young Euton will mature into a McDonald's AA.

Well, it's comforting that a guy can go on vacation and come back and rest assured he can always read some of his favorite mindless drool. Here's my take, I'll guess that few on here ever played a DI sport, let alone DI hoops. Next, I'll guess that few have ever seen Dakotah play, not even once. Next, I'll guess irregardless of what spot he is or is not ranked in whomevers noteworthy publication, some will dispute any validity. Yet there are so many experts. Ahhhh, it's good to be home.

Well, it's comforting that a guy can go on vacation and come back and rest assured he can always read some of his favorite mindless drool. Here's my take, I'll guess that few on here ever played a DI sport, let alone DI hoops. Next, I'll guess that few have ever seen Dakotah play, not even once. Next, I'll guess irregardless of what spot he is or is not ranked in whomevers noteworthy publication, some will dispute any validity. Yet there are so many experts. Ahhhh, it's good to be home.

 

Ahh, its always good to take shots at folks with terms like "mindless drool" and then use a word that doesn't really exist and is often used incorrectly.

 

Welcome home.

I believe he may have been West Virginia's Mr. Basketball or player of the year. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will post. I remember on seeing on Catspause from people that had seen him play that he was the next Jeff Shepard or longshot(Rex),could shoot and jump out of the gym. Don't see how in 2007 you could say anyone is a sure fire top 50 recruit in '10, potential-wise(maybe).

 

Williams was Mr Basketball in WVA. He was the best player in the state who looked like he was going to develop into a Shep or Rex type of player. He just didn't develop like many thought, possibly, due to lack of top notch competition and when he got to UK, he was somewhat shell shocked.

Well, it's comforting that a guy can go on vacation and come back and rest assured he can always read some of his favorite mindless drool. Here's my take, I'll guess that few on here ever played a DI sport, let alone DI hoops. Next, I'll guess that few have ever seen Dakotah play, not even once. Next, I'll guess irregardless of what spot he is or is not ranked in whomevers noteworthy publication, some will dispute any validity. Yet there are so many experts. Ahhhh, it's good to be home.

 

I would think that a great deal of risk is present when offering any rising Sophmore one of a precious few 13 scholarships. I would stand by that statement regardless of whom was being discussed. While I remain optimistic that Euton will be a contributing member of the UK basketball team, it is valid that some may doubt that he will reach the full potential expected of him upon being ranked in the top 15 of his class (albeit by a recruiting publication whose credibility remains in dispute).

 

For better or worse being an in-state kid who has committed to UK at such an early age, he will now be living under a microscope, in which his worthyness to play for UK will likely be debated upon message boards and in barber shops on a game by game basis for the remainder of his high school career.

Williams was Mr Basketball in WVA. He was the best player in the state who looked like he was going to develop into a Shep or Rex type of player. He just didn't develop like many thought, possibly, due to lack of top notch competition and when he got to UK, he was somewhat shell shocked.

I dont know if I would say he was best player or not, they was some debate that year but I can't member who it was with. What got him player of year was UK and that was that. The thing was hey he is going to UK, we cant say he is going to Kentucky but not good enough for player of the year. The thing I remember with Williams in the tournament was people saying they are no way Kentucky is recruiting this kid. Besides jumping he had no upside, he was slow and couldn't shoot or play defense.

I think my biggest fear wtih Euton I have witnessed is speed, which that will develop I hope.

YoungJ and Jerry Both said that he should be Top 50, I'll have to find the link, Jerry compared him to Luke Walton, just not as athletic, but he still has 3 years to get better, And I'll take their word over GT and anyone on this site.

Where have I said I know more than Young and Meyer? In fact I was simply saying I wouldn't state where Euton was specifically rated until those two put out the 2010 Rivals rankings. He should no doubt be in the 4 star range when they do come out. Just don't think he's going to be a 5 star yet...

Where have I said I know more than Young and Meyer? In fact I was simply saying I wouldn't state where Euton was specifically rated until those two put out the 2010 Rivals rankings. He should no doubt be in the 4 star range when they do come out. Just don't think he's going to be a 5 star yet...

 

 

After going back and reading what I posted, I should have said the last part different, No doubt a 4*, But I agree with you, not a 5* yet, And just to add, I respect your information as much as anyone, TCP, Rivals, And so on.

This may have been posted on another thread somewhere, but does anyone else think this was a major mistake by BG, ala Tubby and Williams?

 

 

 

No way.

Before this we were all (or most of us) saying how we would like to see more in state talent at U.K.. Euton is that, the kid is only a sophomore in h.s. now and he has unlimited potential. I certainly don't see a down side to this at all. I don't wan't to see people "nit pick" a high school kid and/or I would hope that the Billy Clyde bashing/ questioning doesn't start before his first game at U.K. but I can see that it is already too late for that :rolleyes: .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.