June 24, 200719 yr Ahh, its always good to take shots at folks with terms like "mindless drool" and then use a word that doesn't really exist and is often used incorrectly. Welcome home. http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/irregardless Perhaps you are incorrect oh wise one. According to the dictionary folk there is such a word, generally used in prose and perhaps this "drool" qualifies. (Oh, the definition of prose is there too if you need it) So, again, panel of experts, how many of you have seen young Euton play in person or otherwise? As to the earlier comment with regards to how he'd be tested if he played at a better school, well,,,top flite holiday tournaments that the small school has been asked to participate in may provide some better, more up to snuff opposition, and I advise the panel to stay tuned to find out how they may obtain tickets, then make your remarks with some first hand knowledge.
June 25, 200719 yr http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/irregardless Perhaps you are incorrect oh wise one. According to the dictionary folk there is such a word, generally used in prose and perhaps this "drool" qualifies. (Oh, the definition of prose is there too if you need it) So, again, panel of experts, how many of you have seen young Euton play in person or otherwise? As to the earlier comment with regards to how he'd be tested if he played at a better school, well,,,top flite holiday tournaments that the small school has been asked to participate in may provide some better, more up to snuff opposition, and I advise the panel to stay tuned to find out how they may obtain tickets, then make your remarks with some first hand knowledge. Perhaps you should read the link that you provided completely. I don't see that it really helps your cause. irregardless One entry found for irregardless. Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s Function: adverb Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless nonstandard : REGARDLESS usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead. Merrriam-Webster also provides a definition for the word ain't, the teachers that I know will tell you that it is not a word either.
June 25, 200719 yr Perhaps you should read the link that you provided completely. I don't see that it really helps your cause. Merrriam-Webster also provides a definition for the word ain't, the teachers that I know will tell you that it is not a word either. Plleeeeeaaaassseee isn't a word either but I find it appropriate here. So, back to the subject, have you seen Dakotah play?
June 25, 200719 yr Plleeeeeaaaassseee isn't a word either but I find it appropriate here. So, back to the subject, have you seen Dakotah play? Is there a reason you continue to spell his name wrong???
June 25, 200719 yr Plleeeeeaaaassseee isn't a word either but I find it appropriate here. So, back to the subject, have you seen Dakotah play? Nope, and I don't need to in order to make the statments that I have. If you will read my post I haven't said anything negative about him, just made a general comment that I believe it is risky to offer a scholarship to a kid this early, and I would make that statement regardless of whom was being discussed. Dakota might be the best player ever at UK, and he might be a bust. Personally I do not feel that one year of high school is enough to determine whether anyone is able to play at a high D1 level. However, has a have said perviously on the subject, that ship has long ago sailed.
June 25, 200719 yr Euton is no Adam Williams. Euton has a lot of time to develop. I cant wait to see Euton more next season.
June 25, 200719 yr Is there a reason you continue to spell his name wrong??? It's you who spells it wrong. It has an H on the end irregardless!!!!!!! and that would be my reason. Does the H bother you?
June 25, 200719 yr Nope, and I don't need to in order to make the statments that I have. If you will read my post I haven't said anything negative about him, just made a general comment that I believe it is risky to offer a scholarship to a kid this early, and I would make that statement regardless of whom was being discussed. Dakota might be the best player ever at UK, and he might be a bust. Personally I do not feel that one year of high school is enough to determine whether anyone is able to play at a high D1 level. However, has a have said perviously on the subject, that ship has long ago sailed. That's what I thought, and I didn't say you had anything negative to say. But some have and I doubt they've seen him play either. With regards to offering kids early, he's had the same type offers from UC, Indiana, Florida, and Kentucky, so whether you agree with offering kids that early or not, it is the way things are in college bb these days.
June 27, 200719 yr We can look at it this way. If all stays in tact, there will be 6 scholarships opening up for the class that Euton will be coming in on. There will be room to maybe get a player that isnt quite there and you can redshirt them. There are still 5 more spots to bring in a couple of studs if Euton only turned out to be one of Kentucky's best, as opposed to one of the nation's best. I dont see much problem with the commitment.
June 27, 200719 yr I'll be interested to see if Euton develops into a Dan Langhi-type player. At this age, they seem to have similar size and skill sets. If he's anything like a Langi or Frejie we got a steal
June 27, 200719 yr If he's anything like a Langi or Frejie we got a steal Your not kidding, I think he will be pretty good for us though, I mean the kid 14 or 15 years old so he will become a lot better as his body develops more. I like the fact though that he took a chance on a Kentucky guy. Beside for Miller he is probably best prospect the state will see for a while. And I can honestly say he is better now than Williams was his final year.
June 27, 200719 yr Perhaps you should read the link that you provided completely. I don't see that it really helps your cause. Merrriam-Webster also provides a definition for the word ain't, the teachers that I know will tell you that it is not a word either. I think it made his point...irregardless is a word whether people like it or not...just like ain't. My cousin took an etiquette class in college that taught it was acceptable to burp (or belch, if you prefer) at the dinner table...I would have never expected that, but who am I to argue with the proper etiquette powers that be?
June 27, 200719 yr It's you who spells it wrong. It has an H on the end irregardless!!!!!!! and that would be my reason. Does the H bother you? So If someone spells there name Ashli instead of Ashley, and I spell it the way they do then it is wrong???
June 27, 200719 yr I watched the young Mr. Euton do an interview with WKYT. He is mature well beyond his years. He handled himself like a seasoned veteran and with nothing but class. It is apparent that not only does he have excellent basketball skills but he also is a person with character. Not many high school players get the opportunity to do what Euton is doing. Let's allow him to enjoy his time as a high school student/athlete, wish him the best and hope for all parties involved that he has a great career as a Wildcat.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.