June 22, 200719 yr This may have been posted on another thread somewhere, but does anyone else think this was a major mistake by BG, ala Tubby and Williams?
June 22, 200719 yr Each player is different and not a fair comparison now, because he still has time to develop. Let's not already start viewing this, as a negative. If anything, him verbally committing this early, will make him work that much harder, in my opinion.
June 22, 200719 yr Recruiting is a gamble any way you slice it. Some work out, some do not. Chuck Hayes was not as highly touted as the player he became. His attitude and work ethic not only made him a better than expected college player, but a solid contributor at the next level. This kid already has something you can't coach, ... size, and probably isn't done growing yet.
June 22, 200719 yr This may be a different perspective on recruiting but I usually like to take a look at the other schools that are interested in a kid. I don't think to many other major schools were taking a long look at Williams, but Euton on the other hand was being looked at strongly by Duke and Florida and seems like I read the Billy D. had actually offered him a scholarship. If Duke and Florida wants him that usually is a pretty good sign. But it is still a crapshoot when they commit this early.
June 22, 200719 yr Author Each player is different and not a fair comparison now, because he still has time to develop. Let's not already start viewing this, as a negative. If anything, him verbally committing this early, will make him work that much harder, in my opinion. Cetainly hope it is not negative, just hate early verbals(in state or otherwise), just don't want to see a repeat where in 3 years they suddenly don't want him and ask him to walk on or red shirt. Think the Euton's jumped the gun more so than Coach Gillespie on this one.
June 22, 200719 yr As Strike3 stated why put a label on him at this point. It is a great honor for Euton to get the chance to further his education and play for the University of his choice. Let's allow him to enjoy his high school career and continue to do the things that got him to the point where he is today.
June 22, 200719 yr This is a 16 year old kid. I would rather BCG take a chance on a homegrown project then bring in another Allyne, Dakota seems like a fine young man who can shoot the lights out. I do wish he played for a higher profile program like Scott Co., or Catholic so he could be pushed in practice as well as games and every game he would not be able to completely dominate
June 22, 200719 yr As Strike3 stated why put a label on him at this point. It is a great honor for Euton to get the chance to further his education and play for the University of his choice. Let's allow him to enjoy his high school career and continue to do the things that got him to the point where he is today. :thumb: :thumb: Good Post. Euton is a very talented kid but I am afraid that he will be even more under the microscope for critisizm now. I for one am glad that U.K. has signed a very talented, in state kid to suit up for the Cats!
June 22, 200719 yr Plus I can tell you have watched both Euton is better right now than Williams ever was. Williams wasn't any good when Tubby saw him or any other time. He could jump but that was it. Euton may be a gamble but he does have some nice potential.
June 22, 200719 yr Isn't he like the #11 ranked player in the soph. class? Was Williams ever anything like that?:confused:
June 22, 200719 yr I would venture to say Euton plays against much better competition through the year than Williams. Anytime you take a kid this young there are going to be questions.
June 22, 200719 yr WHAT??? The guy is a sophmore in high school, how can you even compare his at this point. In plus, they are totally different positions...
June 22, 200719 yr WHAT??? The guy is a sophmore in high school, how can you even compare his at this point. In plus, they are totally different positions... I think he is comparing them because we got a commitment from Williams very early like his sophomore year just like Euton. Not neccessarily comparing there talent or positions just the fact that they are both very early verbals.
June 22, 200719 yr I heard there were about 5 kids at the elite camp that could play at UK. Euton was one and the polish kid we have offered is another. I think coach G. knows what he's doing and this kid will be a good Wildcat.
June 22, 200719 yr Best I recall, there were some red flags raised about Williams almost immediately after he made his verbal commitment. I think the jury is probably still out on Euton, too, but there are far fewer red flags in his case.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.