Will Raceland Change its offensive philosophy

Now that their 4 year starter at QB has graduated will Coach Vanderhoof give his OL a chance to man up and prove that all their work in the weight room has meant something. With Carver, Denton, and Tolliver in the backfield this team could return to the trapping style of offense that beats our tail each year in the playoffs. We only have to look at our neighbors:fight: to see how far we could go

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland did lose a good passing QB, but with Boyles at QB this year they will still be able to pass. Raceland has some good WR as well, not the same as last year, but some quality WR. The OL will definitely have something to prove, they have decent size, but lacking a little in experience. Your are right with Denton and Carver in the back field they have two good RB with experience. I look for Raceland to be multifaceted.

I think the offense will remain the same. As Ram stated, Boyles is very capable of coming in and getting the job done. Denton & Carver will be a great duo that should help mix things up and keep the Air-Raid active. I also was impressed with the play of S. Piercy.

The biggest shoes to fill IMO is on the defensive side. The LB crew should be another good one to watch. Improvement must be made at the corners.

Is there a remote chance Tyler remains at WR and someone like Bobby McKee or the Michigan kid step in at QB?

I guess there is a remote chance that Raceland will do away with football and start a soccer team:scared: , But I wouldn't count on either of the above things to happen.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I feel that Raceland will run the same offense and just incorporate more of a running game into it with the backs that they will have. I believe that T. Boyles will be the QB. My understanding from some of the comments last season was that Boyles was throwing the football and running the "O" very well in practices. He has a knowledge of the offense, is a very good athlete and all around good kid. He plays smart and is a "student" of the game. The Rams imo will have replace some line play but imo will come around. I can't tell you how many years we all have said something like "well, we lost too much from last season and it will be a bad year". Then only to see players step it up and not break stride and continue the winning Ram Tradition.

Can't wait for some Raceland Rambler Football!!!:flame: :flame:

Is there a remote chance Tyler remains at WR and someone like Bobby McKee or the Michigan kid step in at QB?

There is always a chance that a kid can step up and impress the coaching staff to warrant a change. I hope that the coaches are fortunate enough to have that decision to make. Competition makes everyone better and allows a staff to do many different things to see what fit is best for the team. I am sure the coaches will give everyone a chance to prove their worth.

As I said earlier my main concern is on the defensive side of the ball.

I did not mean in anyway that Tyler could not handle the position or the pressure of QB just that maybe he would better where he was last year at the wideout. He is one of the best athletes since the 80's that excelled at 3 sports, besides Thomas of course

Cvillecat at least now our D attacks the ball instead of waiting on the offense to attack us. Nothing terrible against Mercer but I hope he is a better AD than a D coordinator

:thumb: :thumb: Amen to that, it was very aggrivating the see the "D" ( the one thing the Rams were ALWAYS known for) playing that philosophy. Not attacking the football.

I did not mean in anyway that Tyler could not handle the position or the pressure of QB just that maybe he would better where he was last year at the wideout. He is one of the best athletes since the 80's that excelled at 3 sports, besides Thomas of course

Not to question you, but maybe you need a little reminder of the history of Raceland. There have been several three sport athletes since the 80's. Brian Fletcher comes to mind immediately. The only athlete at Raceland to make the all area team in baseball, basketball, and football in the same year, until Tolliver did it. That was in '91. James Boggs was also a three sport star, until he gave up basketball to concentrate on football. That was in '90. There has been several more, but those two come to mind immediately.

I don't think I need a reminder of Raceland history, there has been several who have played but, few have excelled. The 2 you mentioned James is a great guy but not a b-ball player, . I don't know if or when you went to Raceland but please don't talk down to me on my Raceland knowledge

I wasn't talking down to you, I was typing with heavy pun. I was just giving some Raceland Grads the credit they deserve.

Yes, I did go to Raceland and and I am still very much around if you ask around you probably know me, thus the pun. After you get used to the demeanor of the people posting you will able to tell who is kidding and who is serious. Don't get upset I was not implying that you could not tell when someone was kidding, pun.

Your right the Boyles situation is similar to when Pettrey moved from WR to QB. Boyles is a good WR, but I think he will be more beneficial at QB, we have several good WR coming up, but are lacking in the QB department with Grizzle graduating. Plus, I think Boyles will make good decisions and with his athleticism should make a smooth move to QB.

Like cvillecat, I am more concerned with the defensive side of the ball and with maturity of the OL. If those two things improve quickly I will be relieved.