Will Raceland Change its offensive philosophy

Cvillecat at least now our D attacks the ball instead of waiting on the offense to attack us.

I agree. That was hard to watch. It will be interesting to see how they play on the corners and the WR route running with the departure of coach Parker.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Parker will be missed a lot. But there are still some very good coaches on the staff. As far as the offense goes, it will be more of the same things that the Rams have ran since they started running the Air-Raid.

Coach Parker will be missed a lot. But there are still some very good coaches on the staff. As far as the offense goes, it will be more of the same things that the Rams have ran since they started running the Air-Raid.

You are certainly corect in that Coach Parker will be greatly missed in RamLand. You are also correct in that there are some very capable coaches on this staff. Coach Parker did wonders with the "D" backs and recievers whehn he was here. Good Luck to him (Parker) again at his asst. coaching position at U.K..

Why should they change? Ever heard of the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? I think the system is in place. It's a good system and the kids know on down through middle school that they will be running this offense when it's their time to play and contribute at the high school level. As long as you have some kids that can catch the ball, a solid quarterback that makes good decisions, and a capable runningback this offense works well. It takes pressure off the lineman and allows teams that have a hard time finding 5 good linemen a chance to still score points and move the ball up and down the field. Don't look for the offense to change anytime soon, because it doesn't need to change.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that the rams have a good system. I also think that your offense can not be ran exactly the same year to year that it needs to change to the strengths of your team. As for Boyles he is an awesome athlete and i feel that he will step in to the QB spot with out even making the rams skip a beat. The defense will also be very strong this year with a strong D-line and linebacker group. The Rams also have a strong O-line which have had a very successful off-season in the weight room.

Is there a remote chance Tyler remains at WR and someone like Bobby McKee or the Michigan kid step in at QB?

To my knowledge Bobby Mckee is not playing. He has not been at practice and the rumor is that he is playing fall baseball. I am sure that Tyler will have a back up but I think he is set for the OB position. As far as younger ones my best guess is that they will put Tyler Farley in as JV quarterback.

To my knowledge Bobby Mckee is not playing. He has not been at practice and the rumor is that he is playing fall baseball. I am sure that Tyler will have a back up but I think he is set for the OB position. As far as younger ones my best guess is that they will put Tyler Farley in as JV quarterback.

I don't know if McKee is playing or not, but I do know he played in the spring game. I would be surprised if he was not playing.

I know that we visit this forum to discuss what we think about high school football, but at some point we've got to leave it in the "coach's" hands and see what happens. I have "NO" doubt that Randy Vanderhoof and staff will do what's right for the Rams this coming season.

I'm sure the RAM coaches remember how to run the ball if they so choose:D

I know that we visit this forum to discuss what we think about high school football, but at some point we've got to leave it in the "coach's" hands and see what happens. I have "NO" doubt that Randy Vanderhoof and staff will do what's right for the Rams this coming season.

I'm sure the RAM coaches remember how to run the ball if they so choose:D

:thumb: :thumb: Excellent post onetoya!

• 4 weeks later...
It is good to hear that McKee is playing football.

Welcome to BGP Curtis Lowe & Thunderingox.

Welcome Curtis Lowe and Thuneringox.

There goes the neighborhood, two more Raceland people.