Stop blaming Bowden for the Reds mess........

I noticed a conspicuous lack of starting pitching in the names of those he drafted...pitching and defense wins championships. Bowden was too much in love with those "5-tool" players, of which none that he ever drafted were legitimate "5-tool" players. Heck, most weren't even "4-tool" and were doing good to be considered "3-tool". Basically, what it comes down to is Bowden IS a "tool"...

I would list the Hoffman move as the only move that has seriously hurt the Reds in the long run.

Yea, I agree that losing O'Neil and what he was able to do in NY didn't hurt at all and Bobby Kelly was a great return on that investment...:irked:

Anybody else hear Welsh mention there were rumors around baseball about the Brantley to St. Louis trade? They were talking about the Reds grievance and he said word was Brantley was damaged goods when Bowden sent him to the Cards. This was the first I had heard about it...

Yea, I agree that losing O'Neil and what he was able to do in NY didn't hurt at all and Bobby Kelly was a great return on that investment...:irked:

Throughout the 90's, the Reds were not missing outfielders who could drive in runs and be an offensive threat. Pitching has always been an issue.