Fans Pre Season Top 10 - Class 2A

For the Record, Newport has played the 2A Champion better than Owensboro Catholic the past two seasons, they just caught them earlier in the playoffs. I would not underestimate No Ky 2A, especially with the addition of NCC and Holy Cross for the upcoming season. It's going to be a battle to get out, but I think the winner of that district could make it a long way!!!

i agree with you on this one.... In '05 Newport should have very well beaten Russell but had a few things slip the wrong way... last year they gave Mercer their best game until, including O'Cath getting absolutely dismantled, the State Finals. Then with NCC joining the District after having won back2back state titles NKY 2A will be better than in years past. So i'll take one of the teams in this district having a better chance to win it all than O'Cath or Corbin but thats just my opinion

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Corbin returning a ton of talent from a decent team last year? I don't remember anything great out of them from last season. Just curious, because I don't know.

And, whoever said Danville returns everyone is way off base.

Corbin will start the season with a ton of talent. As with any team if they stay healthy, the fans will really enjoy this year! They will be stronger, quicker, and more mature. Only a few position need to be filled. If my intuition is right their are a few on this team that will step up and show us something special this year. I look for these boys to put corbin back on top.

Is Corbin returning a ton of talent from a decent team last year? I don't remember anything great out of them from last season. Just curious, because I don't know.

Corbin returns their entire starting offense with the exception of a lineman and the defense lost a lineman and a couple of linebackers I believe.

They really started to mature as a team and learn their roles late last year and were a pretty good team by the time they lost to Russell in the playoffs. The Hounds should come out of the gate a lot stronger this year with all of the experience they have coming back.

That was me, I was under the impression that they were young last year. My bad.