Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fans Pre Season Top 10 - Class 2A

Featured Replies

Let's hear it! No need to explain or comment, just list em 1 to 10. I'll give it about a week and compile the results..

 

I'll start:

 

1) Danville

2) Bardstown

3) NCC

4) Corbin

5) Ft Campbell

6) Owens Catholic

7) Breathitt Co

8) Leslie Co

9) Trigg Co

10) Newport

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a solid list to start with. I'd make it NCC, Danville, Bardstown but all in all it looks like 10 tough teams.

Solid list.

 

Breathitt Co is going to be 3A, though.

 

I think Prestonsburg will belong on that list somewhere, and maybe CAL before it is all said and done.

  • Author
Solid list.

 

Breathitt Co is going to be 3A, though.

 

I think Prestonsburg will belong on that list somewhere, and maybe CAL before it is all said and done.

 

You are correct..My bad...I'm going to move everyone up a notch and put prestonsburg in the 10 spot...

I really think this class is up for grabs and several teams have a legit shot.

 

The top dogs from the old Class A (NCC and Danville) both had some key seniors and critical positions but also return some talented players. That will tightened things up and this should be the most "fun" class next year.

1. NCC

2. Danville

3. Bardstown

4. Corbin

Lloyd's new coach will get them in the Top 10 before long... :sssh:

I don't know all the teams in the new 2A but i would say (in no particular order)

 

Bardstown

Danville

NCC

OCath

Trigg

Ft. Campbell

Danville and NCC will be the best year in and year out in this class. BUT it will be interesting because Corbin, and Owensboro Catholic will be right there.

 

I will rank the teams based on what I think their strength will be over time.

 

1) Danville

2) NCC

3) Owensboro Catholic

4) Corbin

 

difference here...

 

5) Bardstown

6) Fort Campbell

 

greater difference ....

 

OTHERS - will rarely REALLY compete with the top 5 IMO.

Lloyd's new coach will get them in the Top 10 before long... :sssh:

 

Why??? It's not like they have Mike Yeagle or anything.

  • Author

I'd like to see Lloyd be good...2a in Northern Ky has been shakey, at best, the last few years...Considering Beechwood stayed in 1a and NCC moved to 2a, there should be pretty good teams up there in all the classes...

2A Alignment

 

CLASS 2A

District-2-1- Caldwell County, Heath, Murray, Reidland, Trigg County

District-2-2- Fort Campbell, Hancock County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central

District-2-3- Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

District-2-4- Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, Washington County

District-2-5- Carroll County, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Owen County

District-2-6- Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic

District-2-7- Bath County, Morgan County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

District-2-8- Corbin, Knott County Central, Leslie County, Middlesboro

  • Author
2A Alignment

 

CLASS 2A

District-2-1- Caldwell County, Heath, Murray, Reidland, Trigg County

District-2-2- Fort Campbell, Hancock County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central

District-2-3- Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

District-2-4- Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, Washington County

District-2-5- Carroll County, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Owen County

District-2-6- Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic

District-2-7- Bath County, Morgan County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

District-2-8- Corbin, Knott County Central, Leslie County, Middlesboro

 

When I look at the 2a districts, to me, this will be the most competitive of all the classes...Each district has a couple of real good teams and most have a 3rd of 4th team capable of beating you...2a will once again be wide open, but, could very well be just as strong at the 10-15 spots as they are in the Top 5...Should be alot of fun...

When I look at the 2a districts, to me, this will be the most competitive of all the classes...Each district has a couple of real good teams and most have a 3rd of 4th team capable of beating you...2a will once again be wide open, but, could very well be just as strong at the 10-15 spots as they are in the Top 5...Should be alot of fun...

 

I agree. I think many small county schools will benefit from being in this class whereas previously they had to play with schools that either were larger, or had much more tradition. I think there is potential for 2/3 of these schools to potentially contend for a state championship (not annually, but occasionally).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.